Project Name: Decast.Live’s Sia Extension
Name of the organization or individual submitting the proposal: Leren Leren Unipesoal / Aman Bishnoi
Describe your project:
Decast is a decentralized platform empowering users to seamlessly create, stream, and post-process events while maintaining complete control over their data. The platform offers the flexibility to store event recordings in diverse locations such as Azure containers, S3 buckets, or direct exports to user devices. Emphasizing user data ownership, the project is set to host a comprehensive testnet-rendered node and leverage the Sia network for robust data storage.
To further enhance user control, DeCast is developing a browser extension for Chrome and Firefox, simplifying the secure upload of call record data. Additionally, the platform will feature a crucial functionality allowing users to upload data to specific nodes using credentials through APIs, ensuring a seamless and secure data management experience.
How does the projected outcome serve the Foundation’s mission of user-owned data?
The projected outcome aligns with the Foundation’s mission by empowering users to have full control over their event data. By leveraging decentralized technologies like Sia and providing a user-friendly browser extension, Decast ensures that individuals can securely manage, store, and export their event recordings without compromising their data ownership.
Data access can also be managed using NFT-gated content security which can be shared or transferred to other wallets for secure ownership.
Amount of money requested and justification with a reasonable breakdown of expenses:
Total Grant Amount: $8000
- Implementation of Sia network integration: $2500 for direct storage of recordings
- Browser extension development (Chrome and Firefox): $2500
- Testing and Quality Assurance: $800
- Documentation, user guides and Monthly progress report preparation: $1200
- research on testnet-rendered node (not development-ready but possibly a POC if funds remain, else a follow-up grant will be requested): $1000
Goals of the Small Grant:
- Integrate Sia network functionality for secure and decentralized data storage.
- Develop browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox to simplify data upload.
- Ensure a seamless and user-friendly experience for event creation, streaming, and post-processing.
- Provide options for exporting data to Azure containers, S3 buckets, or local devices.
- Successfully build POC for a testnet-rendered node for Decast.
Here is the overview with note about the 3 month timeline being a maximum:
- Extension architecture and infrastructure setup
- Start building Chrome extension
- Initial integration work with Sia
- Complete Chrome extension
- Build Firefox extension
- Finalize extensions and publish
- Sia integration and testing
- User testing
- Wrap up testing and development
- Submit final grant report
Note: The 3 months is the maximum estimated time for completion, but we will attempt to finish before this timeline if possible. This overview provides the general milestones we hope to achieve in that period.
- Technical challenges in implementing Sia network integration.
- Browser compatibility issues during extension development.
- Ensuring data security and privacy throughout the platform.
Will all of your project’s code be open-source?
Yes, all code related to the Decast project will be open-source. We will be providing code repos to developers to deploy nodes and support networks. Application code will also be public for reviews and contributions.
Link where code will be accessible for review:
Do you agree to submit monthly progress reports?
Yes, we commit to submitting monthly progress reports on the forum.
Any other preferred contact methods: