Siafund rework?

personally i believe partial SF would be a great addition, like imagine everyone who cant afford 1 full - they would be able to get 0.01 or 0.1 SF

furthermore, it could mean hackathons for skynet could be paid in SF without inflating the supply too much assuming the SEC regulations allows for it

obviously it wont be a priority or a concern for the core team but it’s something that would be a great addition imo :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure that could cause payouts to be a lot more annoying but I’m not 100% on that one. @Taek or @nemo could probs speak better on this.

The SEC would probably take issue with it. One of the nice regulatory protections we get right now is that we know there are very few SF holders, because there are very few atomic SF. If the number of holders crosses a certain threshold we have massively increased reporting burden according to current regulations, and that’s a burden we can’t bear.

The more that the SFs decentralize though the harder it is to pin that burden to us. The SEC would probably come after Skynet Labs, but Skynet Labs isn’t really the steward anymore.

1 Like