How to set a bandwidth limit for host

Hello,
I run a host, how do I set up a bandwidth limit for upload and download?
I found out that the gateway module has a bandwidth parameter but I’m not really sure what the gateway module does and I don’t think this is what I want. I want that for the host module. Do I have to use something from Linux? What port should I throttle?
Thanks

There is no built-in bandwidth limiter for the host. If you want to limit host network activity you can target ports 9982/TCP and 9983/TCP.

Thanks, I put up some Traffic Control rules, but I still see more bandwidth on the machine than the limit. What else on siad should I set up? What does the “gateway” module do? These are my modules: gctwh

See attached picture, it shouldn’t go over 1 MiB/s

These are the rules

tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: prio
   tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1: protocol ip basic match 'cmp(u16 at 0 layer transport eq 9982) or cmp(u16 at 0 layer transport eq 9983)' action police rate 8mibit burst 256k
   tc qdisc add dev eth0 ingress
   tc filter add dev eth0 ingress protocol ip basic match 'cmp(u16 at 2 layer transport eq 9982) or cmp(u16 at 2 layer transport eq 9983)' action police rate 8mibit burst 256k

Hi @Anonhost, please join the Sia Foundation Discord – the Foundation and Sia community members will be able to assist you quicker there.