Help Needed: Smart Contract Execution Failure

Hey everyone,

I hope you’re all doing well. I’m facing an issue with Sia Tech’s decentralized storage platform and could really use some guidance. I’m getting a “Smart Contract Execution Failure” error, and I’m not sure how to resolve it. Even I don’t know why I am getting this error:

Error: Smart Contract Execution Failure

Everything was working fine until I tried executing a smart contract for a new storage allocation. Suddenly, I received the dreaded “Smart Contract Execution Failure” error. :sweat:

When I searched about this, I came across these resources, Deep Learning Tutorial https://blog.sia.tech/storage-contracts-and-trustless-agreements-43bb0dfb1af3 and as per them I have followed the following steps-

Check my contract terms
Verified Computational Resources

But still getting the same issue.

Kindly help to get out of this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Why I am getting this error- Post hidden by community flags

It’s really surprising when you post a thread/concern to get solution and got this notification. I am really disappointed with this.

I posted a thread as I am facing some issues and want solution for the same. I didn’t post or do anything wrong that violates community guidelines and content policies.

What did you find in it that made you sound like promotional? I respect your decision but believe me I didn’t use anything that seems promotional.

Kindly review my post manually and let me know the reasons behind this error message.

Thanks

Hi, don’t assume it was intended so fast. In combination with user report and probably some words your post was hidden automatically. I just restored it since it deserves answer.

First of all, I think the problem might have been in the use of “smart contract” or maybe some other unrelated words together. Sia network doesn’t use these. To be accurate, Sia network uses kind of smart contract, but it’s a storage contract. Sia network doesn’t let you execute custom smart contract.

In any case, you thread feels like it doesn’t fit here. That errors is definitely not coming out of Sia network, links that you shared do not have any actual steps/guides and the sentences with steps you followed looks incomplete, so it’s hard to even assist you without you providing more details.

I suggest following:

1. Whatever smart contract network are you trying to use, check out their forums for assistance with that error. You won’t probably find your solution here.
  2. If you want to discuss what you are doing and maybe learn something or get other ideas, check out our discord: Sia Foundation

Thank you for understanding.