Organization: Alphabox Solutions
Owner: Deniz Omer
Website / Beta App: alphaday.com
Purpose of the grant: We’d like to build a Sia community dashboard on Alphaday that aggregates Sia news, on-chain data, social media, dev resources and much more into one customizable UI.
Having all this information in one place allows Sia stakeholders (ie. users, developers, investors) to easily stay up to date on Sia ecosystem updates, see the latest news and developments, do research and stay engaged. In general users who can track their favourite projects more easily stay more engaged with the project which in turn supports user retention.
Timeline with measurable objectives and goals:
We launched the beta version of Alphaday in August 2022. If we receive a grant it will take us roughly 2 months to create and launch the Sia community board.
We would like to create a Sia ecosystem dashboard that aggregates the following information into a single community dashboard:
- The latest Sia official announcements and blog post content
- A feed of all news mentions of Sia from coindesk, cointelegraph and 20+ other news sources aggregated from across the internet
- A calendar containing all Sia events including Sia Governance votes, meetups, hackathons with Sia bounties, AMAs.
- Podcast feed containing the latest appearances and interviews given by Sia team members.
- Youtube stream containing educational Sia content.
- Sia Documentation directory.
- Integration with Sia Forum to show the latest and trending discussion topics.
- Twitter, Reddit, Discord, & Telegram Integration to show a feed of latest discussions.
- Whitepaper, Siacoin (SC) tokenomics information, FAQ pulled from siawiki.tech.
- Sia Careers integration to show the latest open jobs listed on Sia.
- Ecosystem widget - Projects building on Sia, links and descriptions.
- Sia metrics pulled in from siastats.
We are in the process of open-sourcing our frontend. We have used some off-the-shelf library that are closed-source so we are reviewing what we can and can’t open-source.
Any potential risks that will affect the outcome of the project:
No foreseeable risks are associated with the development and implementation of our project.
Budget and justification:
1,200 USDC upfront costs for development including integrating the discussion forums, blog post, social feed, jobs listing, and on-chain metrics.
100 USDC per month for 12 months for maintenance including having an Alphaday content analyst quality-checking the dashboard every day and ensuring the Calendar widget is up-to-date with latest Sia events, all news mentions across the internet are captured by the dashboard, any updates not automatically captured by the Alphaday aggregator engine is manually added to the board, and other maintenance tasks.
Total Budget: 2,400 USD
Reporting requirements: Progress reports to the foundation/committee and to the community:
Our content team will be keeping in touch with you to manage the board and its contents according to your requirements, both before and after it’s public. In addition, once the board is ready, an Alphaday content analyst will be quality-checking the dashboard every day.