999999 SC chargers winning contracts!

• So I just resumed Sia hosting after an aborted first attempt with an 8 gig drive, and decided to set my Price per TB per month and bandwidth price low (80+10) to get some contracts while I build network trust. I then checked siahub to see how competitive I was, and sifting through active hosts saw many charging exorbitantly high prices (in the thousands of SC) that are renting out significant amounts of their space, and folks offering much cheaper prices not getting any contracts. One host sia.joshj.ca:9982 is charging 999999 SC and he has rented out 67% of his space, albeit only 200 gigs. He/she was obviously having a laugh as they just set everything including bandwidth price to maximum.

Am I missing something here or misinterpreting the data? I thought price per TB, bandwidth cost etc. where the leading factors in determining whether you won contracts. Or is something fundamentally flawed in the way the Sia system works?

Press Officer for Britcoin.com

• Global Moderator

@ArthurPug it's possible he changed the price after he already had contacts.

Make sure you tag me @bryan if you need to me respond.
    Forum Mod. I cannot fix transactions. I can't help with Mac or Linux.

• @bryan Fair point. There are about 30 hosts charging 1000 SC or more and most seem to have space filled, which seems odd.

Press Officer for Britcoin.com

• Global Moderator

@ArthurPug they're going to make it more and more efficient as they build updates.

Make sure you tag me @bryan if you need to me respond.
    Forum Mod. I cannot fix transactions. I can't help with Mac or Linux.

• setting an astronomical price is probably in an attempt to keep from losing available space, I believe available/remaining space is a factor in score. Just my guess.

• when the contract needs to be renewed it wouldn't automatically charge that price right?