Wallet restore without backup

• Hello, I have a big problem ...

I have uninstalled my wallet without backup, then reinstalled and also created new account.

Have already tried with the command

Terminal: wallet load seed

The old in the new load, unfortunately become the coins are not displayed to me.

Address: ee8ff8c504ca3b73810ecda179a98e660fca5812c3edbfbf7d98bb2cb0591f01f3d6ddddcb3e

Is it possible to get my coins without backup and only with seed?

Thanks in advance for the answers

• @gigacoin
    If your blockchain is fully synced you can type
    wallet init-seed
    in terminal, so you get your old wallet back.

There are methods for moving your balance to new wallet (like wallet load seed or wallet sweep) but I see no reason in doing that if you can recover your old wallet with all your old addresses via wallet init-seed.

• Yes it is, blockchain is fully synced.

I tride the methods for moving my balance to new wallet this the command "wallet load seed" and give booth seeds but nothing happens.

My Balance is 0

I read that alone with Seed you can get coins restore but it does work?

• @gigacoin
    So wallet load seed did not help.
    Did you try the "wallet init-seed"? And give the old seed when it asks.

• Yes i try and answer was

wallet init-seed

Seed:
    Reading seed failed

What does mean?

• when I try with the command "wallet load seed" then comes the following message

error when calling /wallet/seed: seed is already known

So I think then my old seed is already loaded but my balance is 0.

• @gigacoin
    Have you tried starting all over?

1. Shutdown Sia.
    2. Delete the wallet.db file in your AppData/sia/wallet folder. Delete just the wallet.db file and nothing else.
    3. Start Sia-UI
    4. Wallet -> restore from seed -> put old seed.
    5. wait...
    6. Unlock wallet by providing the old seed as password.

By doing that the Sia-UI would rescan the whole blockchain.

If that does not work you should ask someone more educated.
    At Discord there are a lot more people around. Including the core developers.

• Sorry for the question but how should I run the 4. wallet -> restore from seed -> put old seed?

• @gigacoin
    If you deleted the wallet.db file Sia-UI will ask what to do when you try to look into the wallet section of the UI.
    It will ask if you want to create a new one or restore an old one.
    Click on restore (on the right side, I do not remember the exact text it shows).
    It will ask you for the seed, there you paste (or type) your old seed.

• If I shutdown Sia-UI then the delete wallet.db and restart happens nothing, normal start.
    In the folder appears again by itself the file wallet.db ???
    What am I doing wrong?
    I think I completely delete everything and instal again. The question would be with initial equipment I should give the old seed or only create a new one and then try to load the old one?
    Although I have already tried both.

• @gigacoin
    You are doing right, The UI creates an empty wallet.db.
    It appears to be working normally, the blockchain syncs.
    Just when you try to open the wallet, The UI will see there is no initialized wallet and will ask what to do.
    It is easier to restore the wallet with the old seed than to load into a new wallet.
    Perhaps it is easy enough to load the old seed into a new wallet, but I've seen repeatedly people asking what is going wrong doing that. So I have the impression it is easier to restore the wallet from seed than to load it into a new.

Technically loading an old wallet into a new one should make a new transfer transaction where all available balance is transferred into the new wallet. The old wallet is not erased from the blockchain. It gets simply emptied.
    So in your particular case it could be that you succeeded in loading the old wallet and emptied your old.
    So if you successfully restore your wallet and it shows 0 balance you should see a transaction transferring your coins.
    Then you should restore your new wallet with your new seed.

• Thanks for your effort to help me but I think I have tried everything without success.

I have deleted the file wallet.db again and Sia-UI restarted without notification that I must enter a seed. Then I opened my wallet with the new seed and entered the old seed under Wallet -> Recover Seed -> after a few minutes the message:

Sia-UI Wallet Error
    Error when calling / wallet / sweep / seed: consensus conflict: provided transaction set is standalone and invalid: transactioncontains a frivolous signature

I just have to accept that the coins are gone, sad.
    This is what SIA has done for me.

• @gigacoin
    I have never seen this error.
    So, to recall the restore old wallet procedure, did you try to not create a new wallet?
    I mean after deleting the wallet.db you can't just open (unlock) your wallet with the new seed. It is deleted. If you can, it was not deleted... The wallet with the new seed can not simply resurrect.
    Either you did not delete the right file or you restored the new wallet with the new seed.
    Was Sia-UI closed and shot down when you deleted the wallet.db? No running "siad" process at that moment?

• I deleted the file wallet.db in the folder .... AppData \ Roaming \ Sia-UI \ sia \ wallet
    Sia-UI was closed at this moment and process ended.
    If I start Sia-UI nothing happens without the wallet to unlock the file wallet.db comes back by itself. The wallet I can only unlock with new seed not with the old seed. I have made new seed and linked to old as described above. In the hope that my coins will appear in the new seed. But has not happened.

• @gigacoin
    This is impossible. You can not unlock anything if the wallet.db is deleted. You can only create a new wallet or restore from seed.
    If you can't restore with your old seed but can restore with the new seed, you have an error in your old seed.

So I am sure your wallet.db did not get deleted.
    If you can unlock (without restoring) your wallet, you have not deleted the (right one) wallet.db... Or the Sia daemon was still running when you deleted and thus the file got recreated.

So, to be sure, try without the UI.
    start your command line (cmd.exe).
    Type

cd <full path to your unzipped Sia-UI>\resources\app\Sia\
    start siad.exe
    siac wallet init-seed --force

write your old seed when prompted.

What is the response after that?
    Does siad open a new window and show something?

Besides,
    did you see any coins in your wallet at some point of time ever? What and why do you expect to discover in your wallet? Did you transfer coins to your old seed address from exchange or mining pool?

• Hey,

so with the cmd.exe command does not find my path, does not ask why?
    You are right there is something wrong, the file wallet.db is 0kb?
    Yes before I uninstalled the wallet, I saw with the old Seed coins in my wallet.
    I send coins from Poloniex in my wallet to this Address: ee8ff8c504ca3b73810ecda179a98e660fca5812c3edbfbf7d98bb2cb0591f01f3d6ddddcb3e but never saw this coins. After this i uninstalled my wallet. I try delete everything and try to reinstall everything completely and restore the old Seed with new wallet.