A critical error loading Sia has occured: Siad unexpectedly exited

• I am currently using 1.2.2. I am able to open and sync the blockchain. However, if I close the UI and open it again at a later time, I always get this error. This also happened in 1.2.1. I've tried deleting all contents in "*\AppData\Roaming\Sia-UI\sia" and re-sync. Nothing works...

A critical error loading Sia has occured: Siad unexpectedly exited. Error log: Loading...
    (0/6) Loading siad...
    (1/6) Loading gateway...
    (2/6) Loading consensus...
    (3/6) Loading transaction pool...
    (4/6) Loading wallet...
    (5/6) Loading host...
    (6/6) Loading renter...
    Closing host...
    Closing wallet...
    Closing transaction pool...
    Closing consensus set...
    Closing gateway...
    invalid argument

alt text

• Here is a screenshot

http://imgur.com/a/ixLG8

• I have also experienced this and have been trying to remove it but it seems there is no reinstalling from the computer. I noticed that as the wallet was downloading, half way it just went into what xancel (thanks for the pic had shared and I also experienced this on the previous 1.1.3 yesterday. I uploaded the new version and it also had that appearing. I just want to mention that I have an average downloading capacity as I live on the property. Hopes this helps.

Marcus

• Could Dev or someone that figured out a solution please respond? At this point, I can't open siaui unless I delete the whole situation folder and resync every time.

• Ok I've found my own solution in Windows 10 after trying a combination of things.

This is what I did:

1. Go to cmd and run as administrator
    2. Cd into your Sia-UI-v1.2.2-win32-x64\resources\app\Sia directory
    3. Type siad.exe and hit enter
    4. After all 6/6 are loaded, you can open the Sia-UI.

It works for me, I hope this solution will help others that have similar issues

SC Address: d8753504621e8639b84bfac1789052313d0ee54fb140045dc8906c6cb17fe5aeccb71a5e1e04

• @xancel Thanks for your help. This enabled me to get the UI working but after loading for a while i got this message

A critical error loading Sia has occured: Siad unexpectedly exited. Error log: Loading...
    (0/6) Loading siad...
    (1/6) Loading gateway...
    (4/6) Loading wallet...
    (5/6) Loading host...
    (6/6) Loading renter...
    Closing host...
    Closing wallet...
    Closing consensus set...
    Closing gateway...
    invalid argument

• What command did you use to start siad?

• This post is deleted!

• @droghio I just opened Sia.UI from the main program folder on my desktop. I'm not super technical but was able to follow xancel's instructions through cmd.

• @xancel worked for me. thanks a ton!

• I have a similar error...

(0/6) Loading siad...
    (1/6) Loading gateway...
    (4/6) Loading wallet...
    (5/6) Loading host...
    Closing wallet...
    Closing consensus set...
    Closing gateway...
    unable to load the legacy storage manager persist: open C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Sia-UI\sia\host\storagemanager\storagemanager.json: The system cannot find the file specified.

I've tried deleting and reinstalling the wallet but I got exactly the same message. Looking in the above path, the mentioned file isn't there. Does anyone know what it is supposed to be? Can I simply create a new file and name it accordingly or does it provide instruction rather than simply being a storage space?

• I'm having the same problem. Got it to sync to 98% then this happened....twice!!

@xancel It looks like what you did should work for me too, I'm just not understanding how to do that in cd. Could you give a little more detail? Would be much appreciated. Thx

• ok... Ive managed to open in cmd this:

Sia-UI-v1.3.0-win32-x64\resources\app\Sia

But there is no siad.exe file. There is a siac.exe file but then I get this message:

Could not get current consensus state: no response from daemon

There is however a siad.exe.fig but I don't think that will be any use.

• I have the same problem with MacOs 10.12.6 someone help me please :S

• Guys i have the same issue with MAC. Any solution? Thanks

• Nobody can assist here? We stuck with this thanks

• @xancel Works 100% for me! Thanks!!!