February Progress Report
Repos worked on
- https://git.lumeweb.com/LumeWeb/kernel-peer-discovery-client
- https://git.lumeweb.com/LumeWeb/kernel-swarm-client
- https://git.lumeweb.com/LumeWeb/hyperswarm-web
- https://git.lumeweb.com/LumeWeb/hypercore-proxy-handshake
- https://git.lumeweb.com/LumeWeb/libkernel-universal
- https://git.lumeweb.com/LumeWeb/kernel-swarm
- https://git.lumeweb.com/LumeWeb/relay-plugin-handshake
- https://git.lumeweb.com/LumeWeb/libhyperproxy
- https://git.lumeweb.com/LumeWeb/kernel-handshake-node
- https://git.lumeweb.com/LumeWeb/libresolver
- https://git.lumeweb.com/LumeWeb/kernel-dns-client
- https://git.lumeweb.com/LumeWeb/kernel-handshake-client
Progress:
I have gotten handshake syncing and querying fully working in the browser. This includes querying it with the DNS layer/kernel modules.
Significant work has been done on the DHT communication as well as the related client libraries that are used for DHT and DNS. Redundancy/resiliency and connection retries/reconnecting were added to the different layers up to the HNS module itself.
Next, I have started researching and implementing IPFS. I actually got a decent-sized roadblock with doing this and got no real help solving it. I made a breakthrough today (3-2-23) and so I hope that can get finished this month.
Next, I started on a website rebranding and redesign via contracting. This will hopefully finish within 1-2 months.
Next:
- Implement IPFS support
- Implement ETH RPC support and ENS DNS
- Test HNS, IPFS, and ENS together and integrate them into the extension
- Work on extension UX once all subsystems are functional
A Q4 release may not be hit due to the roadblocks encountered, especially if ETH takes 1-2 weeks of work to figure out.
This concludes my report