Grant proposal: ARC data wallet

Thanks for this! Please edit your progress report post to follow the format found here: About the Grants category - #8

Feel free to leave your linked .md file, but please lightly expand on it with the items requested in that format.

Hello @dsrdrk11a,

This is a reminder that your October progress report is now late.

Progress reports are expected to be posted by the end of the 2nd day of the next month, in this instance your October progress report was due on November 2nd.

Please be sure to follow the Progress Report Template and submit your progress report so we may continue funding your grant.

Regards,
Kino on behalf of the Sia Foundation and Grants Committee

I’m sorry, didn’t get the reminder on mail. Just switched on the notifications not to miss the new ones.
Here’s the report with demo video and you can also use the extension in the test net:

Hi all!
Here’s a link to the Nov report:

Hello, all! I hope yiou have a great NY holidays!
Here’s our report for Dec’23

Thanks @dsrdrk11a! For future progress reports, please paste the body content in the forum response as opposed to linking to Github. Thanks!

1 Like

Hello @dsrdrk11a,

This is a reminder that your January progress report is now late.

Progress reports are expected to be posted by the end of the 2nd day of the next month, in this instance your January progress report was due on February 2nd.

Please be sure to follow the Progress Report Template and submit your progress report so we may continue funding your grant.

Regards,

Hello!
Here’s the Jan report:

What progress was made on your grant this month?
Please summarize your progress in 3-5 sentences or bullet points:

To increase throughput and lower the gateway resources consuption when uploading large files we have changed the intermediate storage which is used to store client’s files while uploading them to the network - now the disk space is used. The files are deleted as soon as they are uploaded to the network.

All tariffs shown in the extension are now tied to the current SC/USD exchange rate according to USD prices shown on the Tiri web site.

Current version is 0.0.21: Releases · bsn-si/sia-datawallet-extension · GitHub.

I’ll update on the main net extension when it will be approved by the Chrome Web Store.

Hi, all!
The Feb report:

In Feb we have published the Tiri main net extension. Current version is 1.0.0: Releases · bsn-si/sia-datawallet-extension · GitHub .

We have added the dapp version notification for users to update the dapp when a new version is published. Also, some manipulations with tariffs were made.
Here’s the last updated repo: GitHub - bsn-si/sia-datawallet-gateway

Hello @dsrdrk11a

Thank you for your progress report!

Regards,

Hello! In March we didn’t make a lot. We are working with billing: have changed some tariffs mechanics and fixed a few minor problems, but still have to execute tests. We will push the new version till Tuesday, I think, and I’ll comment here when done.

The Mar report:

We have worked with billing and tariffs, fixed different issues, for example - the free “disk” space indicator now correctly considers deleted files and tariff change.
Current version of the extension is 1.0.1: Releases · bsn-si/sia-datawallet-extension · GitHub .

Here are the last updated repos:
GitHub - bsn-si/sia-datawallet-gateway
GitHub - bsn-si/sia-datawallet-extension

Hello @dsrdrk11a,

This is a reminder that your April progress report is now late.

Progress reports are due by the end of the 2nd day of the month, in this instance your April progress report was due on May 2nd.

Regards,

Hello! Sorry for silence, we’ve got national holidays in Slovenia, as well as in Serbia the whole last week and the team is out till tomorrow. From the code perspective we’ve just added a “support” form, so users could request support if they agree to reveal an email for messaging. I’ll push the update to Git asap and put a report form here.
In April we were working on the Tiri concept that will help to gain mass adoption. The Tiri dapp shows that a user can easily, yet privately and securely store data on-chain, but using a browser extension fits only archive storage tasks and users need an operational storage like Dropbox - this is the main feedback that we’ve got from our test and first users. So we are developing a technical description for using Tiri as a remote virtual disk storage.

April Progress Report

We’ve added a user support form, so users could request support if they agree to reveal an email for messaging.
As we have fulfilled all the planned deliverables, the current work on the project is mostly focused on the product concept, model and technical design of the needed features.

Summarize any problems that you ran into this month and how you’ll be solving them.

I see these main tasks with additional features:

1. Adding integration with local file system, so users could work with their files locally. This feature is quiet clear and we don’t see technical constraints. The tech description is prepared.
  2. File sharing. If we want to stay as decentralized as possible, this feature could be solved with an access list smart contract like here, for example, but smart contracts are not available at the moment. So this feature is something that requires contemplation over its concept.
  3. The HTLC would be a great feature for SIA mass adoption and for all projects on SIA as well, so we are eagerly monitoring the progress of the Komodo team’s work on this task. This should allow payments for SIA services from different networks.

Links to repos worked on this month:
GitHub - bsn-si/sia-datawallet-gateway
GitHub - bsn-si/sia-datawallet-extension
The current version of the extension is 1.0.2

What will you be working on next?

In May I plan to finish a technical description of local FS integration and the product model.

Hello @dsrdrk11a,

Thank you for your progress report!

Regards,

Hello @dsrdrk11a ,

This is a reminder that your May progress report is now late.

Progress reports are due by the end of the 2nd day of the month, in this instance your May progress report was due on June 2nd.

Regards,

Hello, @Kinomora
Yes, I didn’t make it intentionally as I supposed, that I don’t have to, as we have fulfilled all deliverables mentioned in the application and I didn’t see time commitments in the contract. If I’m wrong, I’m sorry, I’ll do my best to do it earlier next time. We didn’t stop with the project, despite took a little pause in the entire code development.

Here’s my report:

Progress Report Form

Currently we are searching the right model for the product development and I’m writing the Tiri Vault white paper right now. I won’t show the draft now, but on the high level we see two products: the entire Tiri Vault and the Tiri Collaboration Suite.
The Tiri Vault will include a personal file storage wallet developped as a files folder on a user’s desktop/mobile (Dropbox like) + light browser extension and a Secret Notebook for storing short text notes and any other text credentials, including passwords, credit cards data and etc. with an autocomplete functionality to safely use them on websites. We have alredy completed a PoC of such a notebook in a form of a smart contract (currently the PoC is in the Substrate).

The second product is the Tiri Collaboration Suite, that includes safe files sharing functionality (a smart contract with encryption logic and an ACL that supports files sharing without re-encryption) with a p2p crypto backed private messenger (with SDP offers sent using a special smart contract). Both have already PoCs implemented by us (in FVM and Substrate accordingly).

Summarize any problems that you ran into this month and how you’ll be solving them.

Most of the additional functionality that we envision would dramatically improve the UX of a personal file wallet, but should be implemented in the form of smart contracts, that are not present in the SIA ecosystem. This is a challenge for us as it will need a user to operate with two wallets in different networks or implement a kind of an HTLC, as I wrote in the previous report.

Links to repos worked on this month:

n/a

What will you be working on next?

Proceed with the whitepaper, a business model and a development roadmap

Hi, all!
As the next report, I’d like to proceed with a description of our next step and a request for funding of the follow up grant.

A test operation of the dAapp has shown that it is a simple and convenient method for retail use of the SIA decentralized storage. However, user feedback clearly indicates that it is necessary to develop the Tiri Vault application towards a desktop background app so that users could work with files directly in the local file system.

This task partially addresses the SIA RFP “renterd iSCSI/NFS integration.” However, since we are working on a personal application, integration with a file folder on the local disk seems more applicable in this case, rather than emulating a network disk. Moreover, such functionality can be developed using JavaScript, which will allow us to leverage the existing JS code of the Tiri backend.

Grant Specifics

The project will be supported by a group of 2 developers, 1 QA + PO and a UI/UX designer.

The total budget for the MVP development is estimated at $ 50.400 including: team’s salary (estimated FTE for this proposal is 8,4). The team is better to be paid on a monthly basis, but we can also split the work in 3 milestones to be paid upon delivery, but with the first milestone prepaid.

The timeline for the Tiri Vault local daemon MVP development is considered to be four months. As a result of this project we will deliver a working Windows app that supports files synchronization between a local file folder and the SIA blockchain using user’s wallet credentials for access and encryption/decryption.

Development Information

All code will be delivered under the Apache 2.0 license. The code will be accessible for review in our GitHub repo: https://github.com/orgs/bsn-si/repositories

We agree to submit monthly progress reports here in the forum.

We plan to execute the work in three milestones/steps:

• Disk change Tracking and Synchronization (17.600 USD);
  • WebSocket Server and Storage Change Tracking (17.600 USD);
  • Application UI/UX (15.200 USD);
  1. Disk Change Tracking and Synchronization

Deliverables:

• implement recursive downloading of all folders and files and saving them to a local disk;
  • develop a mechanism for tracking changes on the disk like adding/deleting/modifying folders and files. These changes will trigger synchronization with the SIA storage. Files will be encrypted with the user’s key and sent to the network using the Tiri Vault node/server. Before sending, all files will be split into chunks.
  1. WebSocket Server and SIA Storage Change Tracking

Deliverables:

• create a WebSocket server to receive information about changes in folders/files in the SIA storage;
  • implement changes tracking in the SIA storage disk like adding/deleting/modifying folders and files. Changes in the SIA storage will be synchronized with the local app using the WebSocket server. Received data will be decrypted with the user’s key and saved to the local disk to the appropriate folder. This will enable users to work across multiple devices, with changes synchronized between them.
  1. Application UI/UX

Deliverables:

• develop a Windows application with various settings, including: user authorization with a wallet key, setting a local password that encrypts the user’s secret key for file encryption and stores it encrypted on the local disk, managing tariffs, managing synchronization settings, managing local folders for synchronization;
  • the app should work in the background.

Future plans:

We see the development of the Tiri Vault as two complementary products: the entire Tiri Vault and the Tiri Collaboration Suite.

The Tiri Vault should consist of a personal file storage wallet developed for use in all desktop and mobile environments and a Secret Notebook for storing short text notes and any other text credentials, including passwords, credit cards data and etc. We have alredy completed a PoC of such a notebook in a form of a smart contract (currently the PoC is in the Substrate).

The second product is the Tiri Collaboration Suite, that includes safe files sharing functionality (a smart contract with encryption logic and an ACL that supports files sharing without re-encryption) with a p2p crypto backed private messenger (with SDP offers sent using a special smart contract). Both already have PoCs implemented by us (in FVM and Substrate accordingly).

Currently we are developing the Tiri Vault white paper and a financial model for the product presentation and funding acquisition

Contact info

Email: [email protected]

Telegram: @dsrdrk11a

@Kinomora please, advise if I have to put it in a separate topic.

Hey @dsrdrk11a, new proposals must be new topics in the Proposed section.

1 Like