Budget Category: Foundation Core

Proposal Kickoff: November 1st, 2020
Budget Amount: 10,000,000 SC per month, from block subsidy
Stockpile Cap: 50,000,000 SC
Timeline: Active until Jan. 2022

This is a proposal to create a budget category specific to the foundation core. This will cover expenses like advisor salaries, ongoing incorporation fees, internal meetings and software, etc. Any expense related to foundation operations that does not obviously fit into another category yet is clearly necessary for the foundation to be healthy and productive would fit into this category.

Unlike the other categories, most spending out of this category is not intended to be proposal based. The foundation can draw from this category at-will, and with little to no notification of the community in advance. The foundation must still be transparent about the spending after the fact, but ultimately this category is intended to set up an amount of discretionary spending for the foundation so that it can be efficient and spend small amounts of money quickly.

Proposal Kickoff: November 1st, 2020
Budget Amount: 10,000,000 SC per month, from block subsidy
Timeline: Active until Jan. 2022

Is there no stockpile cap on this? I mean in comparison to the other categories it makes the most sense to not have a cap, but I feel like if you go a couple years and have 100’s of MS built up in the “core” account that would be a bit silly.

No stockpile at all actually, anything unspent each month would just go into the treasury.

Maybe a stockpile would make sense though, I’ll add one

Just in case you gotta send out a pallet of hard drives for 10PB of network onboard you may wanna have a stockpile lol.

1 Like