this is an issue many have had...
especially on widows the JSON files that holds internal track of lot if the SIA infor for your host & renter are not so stable. I've lost a lot of contracts due to it, but i was able to get the system back running by simly deleting some of those JSON file.... you wil find the folder, if you in the UI do a "show SIA data" - then you will se where the folders are and you might be able to take out the corrupted ones. I cana't tell you which data you will loose, but your funds can always be recovered by sweeping the seed - I've done that many times and works fine.
So After some tests:
I tried to download files with with ratio > 1 -> ok with ratio < 1 -> failed
So my story:
I upload files to backup it
I paid by allowing SCs for the service
I reach a ratio > 2.2 for all files
I close SIA UI for few days
I open it again
Ratio of some files is below 1
My understanding was if a node left network and don't respect the contract I got SCs back + collateral and the network try to find other node to keep ratio high enough.
My mistake was to close the sia-ui for few days, but it isn't very useful to keep a service always up if you just backup files.
I have a node for "selling" space but for each contract I paid for collateral.
Conclusion I paid to backup I paid to share and my backup isn't reliable.
Have you tried to restore your wallet anywhere? If yes, what is the method you use to restore your wallet? You could have accidentally sweep your wallet to another seed.
Make sure you are fully synced, check your current blocknumber by going to Terminal in Sia-UI and type in consensus, compare the blockheight shown there with https://siastats.info/. Your blockheight should be the same or higher than the blockheight shown on the website.
Try to check your balance for all your address by typing in wallet addresses in the terminal in Sia-UI. Go to https://siastats.info/navigator, select Addresses batch and paste all the address shown in the terminal in Sia-UI.
Hi all, I'm curious if anyone has faced the same issue.
Every day I get dozens of new contracts. If I try host -v the Locked Collateral value increases, so does the Expected SIA value. However, there are just a few negative transactions in my wallet. After I restart the GUI, most of the contracts disappear (which means, they were fictive(?)). However, the Locked Collateral and the Expected SIA stay the same. Basically, it means that I can end up with more locked collateral than I actually had in my wallet (without anything physically spent). I can increase the Collateral Budget by the remaining balance but the same thing happens, and the Locked Collateral increases again shortly after that.
I believe this is a bug. Can anyone comment? I'm running 1.3.2.
I've heard of bugs around the reporting of key stats such as these, and that v1.3.3 will have major improvements in that area. I'm running a pre-release of v1.3.3 and don't have this problem.
@Albert I disagree.... I've moved the relevant folder out of the default place, edited the config file. No errors are reported. the consensus is synced and growing as before, I've checked I can send funds to anoter wallet.. Later I'll move it to a USB stick to avoid disk from constantly spinning...
So if I understand correctly, you have a .json wallet file, which is the old version of a wallet file.
I would try to find the version of Sia which switch from .json file to .db file from GitHub and load the .json file using the old version so it will be converted to the .db file. Then load the .db file into the latest version of Sia.