Lost Transfer of Siacoin from Poloniex

• admins

If you are missing coins:

1. Check whether your transaction is on the blockchain (use explore.sia.tech - put the txid into the 'hash' field)
    2. Check whether the address you gave to the exchange is in your wallet ('wallet addresses' typed into the terminal tab)
    3. Check whether your client has finished syncing

Usually, if you do not see your coins, it's one of the above 3 things. If your transaction is not on the blockchain, contact the exchange, it's likely their fault. If the address you gave the exchange is not in your wallet, it means that you either are using the wrong wallet, or you need to perform a rescan with your seed. Right now rescanning is a confusing and difficult process, but the next release makes it a lot easier. If your client has not finished syncing, usually you just need to wait for it to finish syncing.

• I have been sending siacoins from poloniex to my sia wallet. The transaction is registered at sia explore. Besides of that I tripplechecked whether the wallet address I used ad poloniex was in my siacoin wallet. My wallet is also synced, but the siacoins haven't been showing up for 3 days now since the transaction was registered at sia explore. I don't really like this and I'm afraid to move my coins away from poloniex.

• Hey I sent coins to my sia address... and I have yet to receive them... its been more than 24 hours now. please help? someone?

• same here !!! send coins from poloniex to my wallet > no coins > all synced > right adress > also hash ok

but no coins....

what can i do?

• seems like a common problem. I did a transfer from poloniex to my siacoin wallet as well. It stated that the transaction was completed at poloniex side but the hash provided are not found in Sia Explorer.

Going to wait a little bit more before contacting poloniex on this.

• fyi

hi, my coins arrieved in my wallet

• @Casedin any update from your side?

I am in the same boat as you, I too transferred some coins but hash wasnt found on the blockchain. Its been over 14 hours since the transaction.
    Ill sleep over it and check tomorrow morning whether the hash has been updated.

• @Taek
    I am having the same problem. I sent some from Poloniex and I get a "Complete:Error" with just the address. No Tx ID

I checked Sia explorer by putting my address in the hash like the poster above suggested and I see the transaction word for word like in my Poloniex acct with a "Hash not Found in Database"

I restarted my UI and now it's loading, I checked Sia Explorer again and typed the wallet address in the hash and now the transaction is gone just shows my address.
    SIA UI is still loading.
    Should I be worried?
    thanks.

• @jayv said in Lost Transfer of Siacoin from Poloniex:

@Taek
    I am having the same problem. I sent some from Poloniex and I get a "Complete:Error" with just the address. No Tx ID

I checked Sia explorer by putting my address in the hash like the poster above suggested and I see the transaction word for word like in my Poloniex acct with a "Hash not Found in Database"

I restarted my UI and now it's loading, I checked Sia Explorer again and typed the wallet address in the hash and now the transaction is gone just shows my address.
    SIA UI is still loading.
    Should I be worried?
    thanks.

Just to update, sorry for the quote, i restarted my UI and everything is synced.but 64k siacoins deposit are still missing. Maybe a Poloniex issue, I have opened a ticket with them.

Update
    Poloniex refunded back to my exchange account.
    I'm a little leery of moving all at once.
    will try to do small increments.

Thanks for the tips above, .

• I converted ether to siacoin with shapeshift, but nothing is showing after almost a week. when i check my balance on sia hash explorer, it shows my balance, but not on the sia UI. I have deleted my wallet and waited the whole day for it to resync but wit no luck. Any Advise?

• @st1gg3r nope. it has been about 2 days. I already submitted a ticket but they told me now they need more than 96 hours to response due to overwhelming tickets.

But it's pretty weird that this is happening. I always do double transaction to make sure it's working. E.g, small transaction at first to make sure I can get my coins, then second transaction to be the bigger one. But then it seems that my bigger transaction are always the one getting problem.

• Same problem here. It looks like many users lost their SIACOINS. I hope not for ever....

• Been several hours waiting for mine from Polo. Txid not found on Sia Explorer hash database. Double checked wallet address and it is correct. Restarted client and am fully synced.

Will wait till morning and if still not in my wallet by then I will submit ticket with Polo.

• I think the issue was/is on Polo's end, which is why they stopped withdraw/deposit requests for siacoin. I'm guessing they are fixing the problem now.

• Also in same boat here, trans was from Polinex 'Hash not Found in Database'

• Exactly same here, thank god i did a small test transaction first or i would not be sleeping tonight as i bought heavily into this.

Glad to know polo refunded the coins, ill contact them now too.

• Happened to me too. I even withdrew a small test amount 20 hours ago and it worked fine. 1 hour later, I withdrew a larger amount and its still not in my wallet (same address). Tx ID is not found on the block chain. And their support and mods are not replying at all. Pretty infuriating!!

• I'm glad i found this thread before i withdrew. I'm going thru a similar problem with ETC. I withdrew a small amount at first that worked fine then upon trying a larger amount it got stuck for almost 2 days until I contacted support and had them cancel the transactions all together. I'm starting to have suspicions that they've been hacked and they're stalling everyone out until they recover the funds thru their fees or figure something out all together. Because in increase in users should have nothing to do with transactions getting denied and stuck all of a sudden.

• I have another suspiscion. After running the Siacoin wallet for several DAYS and not yet receiving a sync'd wallet nor any credit for the 20,000 SIAcoins I purchased .... here's my hypothesis: SIAcoin is suffering from what is known as the "Syncronys SoftRAM" effect. Now, I don't have time nor space to address the scope of the issue here, but you should be able to figure it out using your favorite search engine. Hope that helped.

• This same thing has happened to me. Bought on Saturday and tried to transfer the same day. Reports that it was completed on Polo side. Can not find it utilizing the hash at Sia.Explorer. Tripled checked the address. I opened a support ticket but has anyone else figured this out.