Lost Transfer of Siacoin from Poloniex

• I initiated a transfer of siacoin from Poloniex about a week ago and it's still not in my mike wallet. The Sia app says it's all green clean machine, but there's nothing in the mike wallet. On the Poloniex side, it says the transaction is completed. I've sent a support request to them, but not heard anything for many days. I'm not really sure how I proceed to troubleshoot this?

• Hi, me too. No refund to deposit account either, the credits just evaporated.

• Right, but what's the procedure to inspect the blockchain?

From the withdrawal history on poloniex, I see I have an "Address" and a "Txid" (transfer ID).

Aren't we supposed to be able to verify this by looking directly on the blockchain?

• Also, every time I click on this "Receive Siacoin" button, I get a new address; you also get that?

• ok, I've found all my siacoin addresses, using the command "wallet addresses";) I still don't have my siacoins, though.

• Same problem but using ShapeShift. I even see the correct amount on the blockchain in my address. Running siac wallet addresses on the host returns the correct address (and one additional address), but siac wallet balance shows all zeros. Daemon is synced. I'm using the siac client only as the GUI can't be installed on ARM architecture.

To me it seems like the exchange is not to be blamed, but there is a problem in the Sia software. This problem is affecting multiple users. Someone needs to figure out what's happening.

@lyy1992 @famadorian could you check if you see your transaction and balance on Sia Explorer?

• @j24 I was not notified of you message; stupid forum

Anyways, how do I check?

on that page I only see "search by blockheight" and "search by hash"? On Poloniex, I only have "address" and "txid"

• @famadorian you can use address in the hash field.

• admins

If you are missing coins:

1. Check whether your transaction is on the blockchain (use explore.sia.tech - put the txid into the 'hash' field)
    2. Check whether the address you gave to the exchange is in your wallet ('wallet addresses' typed into the terminal tab)
    3. Check whether your client has finished syncing

Usually, if you do not see your coins, it's one of the above 3 things. If your transaction is not on the blockchain, contact the exchange, it's likely their fault. If the address you gave the exchange is not in your wallet, it means that you either are using the wrong wallet, or you need to perform a rescan with your seed. Right now rescanning is a confusing and difficult process, but the next release makes it a lot easier. If your client has not finished syncing, usually you just need to wait for it to finish syncing.

• I have been sending siacoins from poloniex to my sia wallet. The transaction is registered at sia explore. Besides of that I tripplechecked whether the wallet address I used ad poloniex was in my siacoin wallet. My wallet is also synced, but the siacoins haven't been showing up for 3 days now since the transaction was registered at sia explore. I don't really like this and I'm afraid to move my coins away from poloniex.

• Hey I sent coins to my sia address... and I have yet to receive them... its been more than 24 hours now. please help? someone?

• same here !!! send coins from poloniex to my wallet > no coins > all synced > right adress > also hash ok

but no coins....

what can i do?

• seems like a common problem. I did a transfer from poloniex to my siacoin wallet as well. It stated that the transaction was completed at poloniex side but the hash provided are not found in Sia Explorer.

Going to wait a little bit more before contacting poloniex on this.

• fyi

hi, my coins arrieved in my wallet

• @Casedin any update from your side?

I am in the same boat as you, I too transferred some coins but hash wasnt found on the blockchain. Its been over 14 hours since the transaction.
    Ill sleep over it and check tomorrow morning whether the hash has been updated.

• @Taek
    I am having the same problem. I sent some from Poloniex and I get a "Complete:Error" with just the address. No Tx ID

I checked Sia explorer by putting my address in the hash like the poster above suggested and I see the transaction word for word like in my Poloniex acct with a "Hash not Found in Database"

I restarted my UI and now it's loading, I checked Sia Explorer again and typed the wallet address in the hash and now the transaction is gone just shows my address.
    SIA UI is still loading.
    Should I be worried?
    thanks.

• @jayv said in Lost Transfer of Siacoin from Poloniex:

@Taek
    I am having the same problem. I sent some from Poloniex and I get a "Complete:Error" with just the address. No Tx ID

I checked Sia explorer by putting my address in the hash like the poster above suggested and I see the transaction word for word like in my Poloniex acct with a "Hash not Found in Database"

I restarted my UI and now it's loading, I checked Sia Explorer again and typed the wallet address in the hash and now the transaction is gone just shows my address.
    SIA UI is still loading.
    Should I be worried?
    thanks.

Just to update, sorry for the quote, i restarted my UI and everything is synced.but 64k siacoins deposit are still missing. Maybe a Poloniex issue, I have opened a ticket with them.

Update
    Poloniex refunded back to my exchange account.
    I'm a little leery of moving all at once.
    will try to do small increments.

Thanks for the tips above, .

• I converted ether to siacoin with shapeshift, but nothing is showing after almost a week. when i check my balance on sia hash explorer, it shows my balance, but not on the sia UI. I have deleted my wallet and waited the whole day for it to resync but wit no luck. Any Advise?

• @st1gg3r nope. it has been about 2 days. I already submitted a ticket but they told me now they need more than 96 hours to response due to overwhelming tickets.

But it's pretty weird that this is happening. I always do double transaction to make sure it's working. E.g, small transaction at first to make sure I can get my coins, then second transaction to be the bigger one. But then it seems that my bigger transaction are always the one getting problem.

• Same problem here. It looks like many users lost their SIACOINS. I hope not for ever....

• Been several hours waiting for mine from Polo. Txid not found on Sia Explorer hash database. Double checked wallet address and it is correct. Restarted client and am fully synced.

Will wait till morning and if still not in my wallet by then I will submit ticket with Polo.