Sia Contracts growing after Stop/Start

• Hi guys,

I just saw that when i stop /start sia daemon the number of contracts increase

Did someguys note this behavior ?

Bye

• admins

I have not noticed this myself, are you sure that it's happening during start/stop and not just due to random chance?

• yeah sure, it's when i stop / start

I can have 1 or 2 contracts more in one day, when i stop / start it increase about 10ish contracts

• I can confirm the same behaviour... Stop and start SIA and you will have more contracts!? Isee this also in 1.2.0.

• @Taelk; I just closed and restarted. a massive jump from 2618 to 2830 contracts appeared instantly upon restart!!

• admins

I'm pretty sure there's a bug in the contract counter. We will be looking into it in the next few months, but for now I think it's harmless.

• @taek, that is obviously the case!

if I look at the SIA explorer I see 14000 active file contracts (as per noon, EU-time).
    That my little host with its 200GB should hold 2800 or 20% of that volume would be totally out of this would to think :-/ !?

to minimize confusion as to what you swe in the UI (which is the only humane interaction anyone not tech can have with what is behind the scenes), I strongly recommend this to be bug fixed - what is also wrong will them be the estimated revenue, which I have seen a lot of questions on recently.

it is your call, but from where i sit it has to do with trust to the whole thing if we can't even rely on the basics!!

• admins

@larsfloe best I can tell, the revenue metrics are actually still correct. Given that global host revenue right now is on the order of $50 / mo, I think it's more important to be focusing on improving the renter and getting more people using then network, than it is to be focused on making sure that $50 per month is being reported correctly.

But, like I said, I've been monitoring the situation, and best I can tell it's only the 'contracts' number which is being reported incorrectly. All the other revenues seem to be correct to me.

• @Taek

SInce 1.2.0 the counter does not move while SIA UI is opened.
    I close SIAUI, then open it again an the counter updates.

Its definitely a bug.

• admins

Unfortunately the fix will not be in v.1.2.1, but I think we can have it fixed in v.1.2.2.

• I have noticed this each time I start and stop the UI. Goes up by 1 contract each time- using v 1.2.2

Unofficial User / Tester / Analyst of Sia ( w/Renter and Host experience)