I Too transfered coins to my Sia windows program wallet and never received em, stuck "Sync-ing" at 30,078 for 3 days now...wtf? thousands of sia coins now lost? Can you please reimburse me?

• Ok so I sent like $5 worth of Siacoin to my Wallet program on windows, and im STILL sycnrhonizing at 30,078, and everytiem i try to start Sia it says Siad has stopped, i click "Start Sia and i might get to the login screen but within SECONDS it disconnects and brings me BACK to that Siad has stoppeed" and it only sometimes says NOT synchronizing but usually it does say "Synchronizing" like its been for days with no change....its been STUCK at 30,078 for days now, wtf?!?! I would hate to have to start asking how you are gonna pay me back my more than 30,000 sia coins ..they better not be stuck!!!! I swear to god this is making me mad why would you release software that doesnt work?!?! I sent these coins from a trading exchange wallet to my Sia coin wallet program and now its not working?! Im glad i didnbt actually invest6 a large amount oif money into this coin..i had high hopes for it and even marketed for it on steemit trying to put it up there with StorJ Coin but i see now it is nowhere near as nifty and useful and WORKING as StorJ coin...how can anyone use something this slow?! i want Siacoin to WORK! But hoiw can anyone use this thing for CLOUD storage for F*** sake when it doesnt even let me login and use it as a cryptocurrency walllet?!?!

Why would you people let me send thousands of sia coins over to this windows program wallet app , after AFTER i wanted to try the program out and CONTRIBUTE i wante dto HOST my free space and high banmdwidtch connect to peopel for sia coins! And you said i needed at least 30,000 sia coins to start that process and then once i transfer them over, I all of the sudden cant even login to this wallet?! Very sketchy..whats going on? Why did you make a program that lets me send it money and then once i send the money i cant even get in and it freezes at 30,0078? And i have people saying it happened to them on reddit and other websites but they eventually got in, it just took a while to catch up with the blockchain, they sauid a few months ago it went up to 70,000 ands now its probobly over 100,000 and im STUCK at 30,0078 WHY is that?

Please help! Its been stuck "synchronizing" at 30,078 for days now!

Sorry for m`y bad attitude its just that those sia coins were the only money i hadleft and now they feel like theyre gone because i cant even get into this programs wallet which is where i sent them ...so i cant uninstall it and reinstall or ill geta new wallet adress right? Whats going on why is it stuck at 30,078

please reimburse me the 30,000 sia coins i sll havent seen in my wallet that i sent to. I folowed your instructions, and i want my sia coins back sent to my exchange wallet adress..this is rediculous...i want answers, you better tell me that EVERYONE has been experiencing crazy delay`s too

I want to know that my sia coins are still accessible

• Your coins are not lost as long as you still have your wallet seed (the string of words).
    Sia software in its current form is hungry for RAM and preferably needs 8G to be on safe side.

I am speculating lack of RAM being the cause of your problems. If so your choices as I see it is.

Try run sia on a stronger machine
    Wait for sia to become less needy for RAM and use your coins then

//Cheers

• Global Moderator

Before you continue, please back up our wallet. That is: make a copy of your wallet folder (path is resources\app\Sia\wallet relative to where you put the Sia UI).

Your coins are safe. You will see them in your wallet when your client as done synchronizing. The current block height is 95,291. Sometimes the synchronization gets stuck. I have had that happen to me a few times. A full sync typically takes less than 1 day. Try to first restart Sia: shut it down completely (just closing the UI is not enough). Then, start Sia back up.

If a restart does not help, then you should restart the blochchain download. This is how you do it:

• completely shut down Sia
    • remove the folder consensus in resources\app\Sia\ (relative path) and only that.
    • start Sia again

The blockchain download should now start from block 1, and it should take less than 1 day to complete.

Also, I think the minimum amount to host is 50,000 SC and not 30,000 SC. I would have more than that in the wallet though.

• @brisk Ok I accept this because i wanted to save my siacoins anyway and this is actually a great way to force me to not touch themn and sit on them for a while.....I have my string yes...so I dont need to have this program? My wallet is safe as my string (like a brain password if i memorize it) right? This IS the blockchain right?

yes i only have 4gb of ram ...or maybe 2gb..its a laptop from 2009...its still giving me around 20Hs for mining with minergate lol...i wanted to mine sia with minergate, hey how can i mine sia?

hey and STORj works just fine on my computer...how come sia cant? its basicaly the same thing....fix yo PRODUCT son! This is some serious internet business! I just printed out some paper bitcoins and i feel like with just a dollar on each of em i can be rich..i wanna print my sia coin on paper...

hey ok so can I login online anywhere to my sia wallet using my passcode string?

Or do i HAVE to use a faster machine? Can I please use my iphone 5 I think it has 8gb of ram for sia....can u please make a Sia app node or miner for iOS ? And also how do i mine sia? easy way? can u make a sia plugin for MinerGate? Minergate is my prefered mining program (windows macosx or linuyx) and i cant mine using anything else really, so if u could just make some sort oif addon for minergate and program in siacoin for me thatd be great thanks

if not you should please please please build a program for windows that i can use to easily mine siacoin..i know my old laptop can still mine sia coin because I already have a bunch of BYTEcoisn and they are small volume and cheap liek siacoin too...still easy to mine them

• admins

@Zackza said in I Too transfered coins to my Sia windows program wallet and never received em, stuck "Sync-ing" at 30,078 for 3 days now...wtf? thousands of sia coins now lost? Can you please reimburse me?:

@brisk Ok I accept this because i wanted to save my siacoins anyway and this is actually a great way to force me to not touch themn and sit on them for a while.....I have my string yes...so I dont need to have this program? My wallet is safe as my string (like a brain password if i memorize it) right? This IS the blockchain right?

The ability to recover your money simply by having a string is a separate extension from the blockchain. Merely having a blockchain doesn't mean you can do this. But, Sia does support this feature for standard addresses (special things like timelocks, contracts, and multisigs cannot be recovered merely using a seed).

yes i only have 4gb of ram ...or maybe 2gb..its a laptop from 2009...its still giving me around 20Hs for mining with minergate lol...i wanted to mine sia with minergate, hey how can i mine sia?

A laptop from 2009 is not going to be able to run Sia. You need 8GB of RAM and an SSD today if you want it to run smoothly. If you don't mind it running slowly, you can get by with a normal hard drive and 4GB of RAM, but Sia will consume pretty much all of your system resources.

hey and STORj works just fine on my computer...how come sia cant? its basicaly the same thing...

Storj is a centralized platform that does not even let you pay for storage using cryptocurrency. Sia is a decentralized platform that requires a blockchain. When you run Storj, you are talking to their nodes and trusting their nodes. When you run Sia, you are getting a truly decentralized experience.

Because Sia is decentralized, it has additional challenges and resource requirements.

.fix yo PRODUCT son! This is some serious internet business! I just printed out some paper bitcoins and i feel like with just a dollar on each of em i can be rich..i wanna print my sia coin on paper...

If you put a bounty on the feature, I'm sure someone will create a program that can print paper sia-wallets. But right now that feature does not exist.

hey ok so can I login online anywhere to my sia wallet using my passcode string?

There is currently no web wallet for Sia.

if not you should please please please build a program for windows that i can use to easily mine siacoin..i know my old laptop can still mine sia coin because I already have a bunch of BYTEcoisn and they are small volume and cheap liek siacoin too...still easy to mine them

The difficulty in Sia is probably too high for it to be worthwhile. If you are mining on a 2009 laptop, you're probably looking at finding one block per year or less.

• @Taek

Same problem here.

I'm updated to the latest block 98,802 shown on http://explore.sia.tech/ but the Sia-UI keeps "syncronizing".

If I try to unlock my wallet it freezes. And my computer does have 16 GB of RAM and a SSD.

I'm going to try the "restart the blochchain download" because the shut down didn't work.

• admins

How long did you give the wallet before giving up? The wallet can take upwards of half an hour to unlock on an HDD. We're fixing this to be more instant in v1.1.2.

• How long did you give the wallet before giving up? The wallet can take upwards of half an hour to unlock on an HDD. We're fixing this to be more instant in v1.1.2.

I didn't wait so long. The good news is that now I'm synchronized, after 24 minutes, and it works fine.

• I'm adding to this thread in May of 2017. It has been MONTHS since this thread was started.
    After HOURS of "syncing", SIA says 8.1%.
    I have NO INTEREST IN MINING. I want to use SIA to store data (you know -the thing the project is supposedly ALL ABOUT IN THE 1ST PLACE...)
    My computer: I5 CPU with 8 GB RAM on a 12 Mbit internet connection. This performance is inexcusable.

I am a system's analyst with over 30 years experience. I know what destroys software companies.
    This sort of delay will DESTROY the SIA PROJECT. Did you read that?
    NO AVERAGE PERSON is going to wait a DAY or TWO for a program to load that lets them store their data on a decentralized cloud. What's going to happen when SIA has increased the number of users and there is a substantially bigger blockchain to manage? Wait a week?
    As a data-storage-customer, I don't want SIA using even 2% of my system resources. I have NO INTEREST in mining and no interest in maintaining the SIA network.
    So, if the SIA development team thinks that end-customers who merely want data storage services are going to let a BLOCKCHAIN run on their computers in order to have mere data storage - you've lost touch with reality!
    A user interested in end-point data service (storing their data on the SIA network) should NEVER need to download the blockchain. NEVER! Say "NEVER". Fix it.

• I transferred 100k to my Sia wallet 7 hours ago and don't see them yet. The wallet is still synchronizing, at 42% now. I'm with the poster above, I have a relatively new hardware, 8GB RAM which is typical and for a tool like this, minutes is too slow, let alone hours or days for a wallet to sync. As a typical end user, I wouldn't put a file on there based on that experience. Sia has to make some massive steps forward on this, or the project will die. Stick to the goal, I'm ready to use Sia, just make it possible.

• I have the exact same issue as @benj8min (but with 'only' 20k SIA coins)... It is a bit stressful especially considering the fact that each time I'm clicking on 'Receive Siacoin' the software generates a brand new address so what happen to the previous ones? Can I mine on any of these addresses as they keep changing and I can't get one back?
    Thanks for any answer,

• @benj8min said in I Too transfered coins to my Sia windows program wallet and never received em, stuck "Sync-ing" at 30,078 for 3 days now...wtf? thousands of sia coins now lost? Can you please reimburse me?:

I transferred 100k to my Sia wallet 7 hours ago and don't see them yet. The wallet is still synchronizing, at 42% now. I'm with the poster above, I have a relatively new hardware, 8GB RAM which is typical and for a tool like this, minutes is too slow, let alone hours or days for a wallet to sync. As a typical end user, I wouldn't put a file on there based on that experience. Sia has to make some massive steps forward on this, or the project will die. Stick to the goal, I'm ready to use Sia, just make it possible.

Update - 71%, still no sign of the Siacoins. Will they appear at the end of what looks like being a day and a half long sync? So long. Had I known, I wouldn't have bothered.

• @benj8min Syncing the entire blockchain and verifying each block is how you are able to operate on the Sia network without trusting a central authority. Your coins will appear when your client processes the block in which they were sent to your address.

We are working on improving sync times, but having to sync a blockchain is the cost you pay for a fully decentralized and trustless system.

@fabricus Not to worry, each time you click 'Receive Siacoin', a new address is generated. All of these address go to your wallet, the reason why it changes each time is to discourage address reuse.

• Appreciate the response Jonathan, I understand. (84% now). From a user perspective, that sync time has to come down dramatically. I don't think it would hurt to prompt the user making the timescale clearer when starting the sync (it would have saved me coming onto a forum / googling, which inevitably turns up some negativity and doubt), the typical user doesn't tend to sift through documentation, white papers, FAQ sites etc. and I'd imagine would have cancelled the sync and closed Sia, never to be opened again.

• I REALLLy apreciate the help! I REALLy do! So my coins are safe if I have my wallet strong right? And i do so my 30,000 sia i bought for five dollars is now worth one undred and fifty dollars and i can sell them on poloniex for bitcon and cash at anytime but i wanna save em! Imagine how much theyll be worth soon! And I WILL make a bounty for sia paper wallets! sia wallet needs to be SEPERATE from the syncing we should be able to acces the wallet even without syncing, even if you cant spen or withdraw you should be able to see it, and maybe allow someone to geta warnng about how long this takes...yes that is what you need

a WARNING to WARN us HEY DONT SEND SIA COINS to your Sia walet because the program might just FREEZE and NEVER WORK and youll NEVER get your coins back!

bevause I STIL havent gotten my coins back and youre LUCKY sia has gone up in value! I better get these coins back i sWEARto god!!! I

I have my long strong backup THAN GOD so I can acccess my oins from ANOTHER computer RIGHT!!?!

PLESE tell me I am fine i didnt do any contracts etc, I just wanna make sure i can get my coins beause they re now worth $152!!!! and its gonan be worth $1 each and maybe this year! And that $five bucks will be 30,000 dollars and I WILL DONATE some of that back to sia! i will even send you some ccash because you guys made tis all posiible!

ok but back to me being mad at you (for customer service practice ;) !

you should give a WARNING tp NOT SEND COINS to the PROGRAm UNTILL ITS FULLY SYNCED!

I thought I was sccrewed but I see people are getting teh coins back as its a bllockchin product and can be backed up and restored beause you guys did a good job! OW I have to thank youf or making me $147 dollars profit! five buccks into one hundred and fifty bucks in just a month! WOW

You cant even tell me where my wallet is! iHOW IS THATA GOOD SING when the SUPPORT people who BUIL rthe app tell you to go look for a wallet folder AND ITS NOT THERE WTF hahahah BAD SING RED FLAG RED FLAG

@in-cred-u-lous Ok I am HOPING tat you are just not aware that I am on winddows, beause there IS NO "consensus" folder in resources/app/sia!

I ddid a search and its under Siacoin\Resources\App\plugin\Wallet !!!

sorry ;) i guess maybe its different in mac or linux or maybe you just forgot the full path?

anyway that Five dollars worth of sia or 30,000 sia is now worth

• @Zackza
    Calm down.
    On windows (at least on windows10) your wallet can be found in the folder
    C:\Users{your windows username}\AppData\Roaming\Sia-UI\sia

There is the consensus folder too.
    I remember here on the forum was a tip for downloading the consensus.db for those having extremely long syncing time.
    Have a look at it and try that out.
    http://forum.sia.tech/topic/155/consensus-db-downloads

• @reinisp Sorry i edited my comment to be nicer re read it, i apologize,

I am on windows 7

found 2 consensus.md files one is in Siacoin\resources\app\Sia\doc\api

and another consensus.md in \Siacoin\resources\app\Sia\doc\

whuch one should i ddelete?

and I found my walle.md file in Siacoin\resources\app\Sia\doc\api is that ok?

I also have my wallet string bacup, so that should also allow me to backup my wallet right? the long line of words like a brain alleet? right? I will have no problem with that, but youre trying to help me getmy sia program work as it is now an maybe resync right?

i RREALLY apreciate the help and MANy peopel willbe happy to see such great suppprt! I will post this all on Steemit (my steemit is @ackza and i will show the steemit community how hepful sia coin support is! You guys have better support tan coinbase!

• @Zackza
    I don't think that .md are the right files...
    What I know is that Sia is storing all the "operating data" (consensus,wallet,renter and so on) under the "user specific" folder and not in the application folder.
    The "AppData" folder is hidden/system by default, so you can not see it if you have not explicitly allowed to see and browse hidden and system folders.
    The AppData folder is in the same folder as your "Desktop", "Downloads", "My Documents" folders.

I'm not sure if the AppData name is the same "AppData" or "Application Data" under Windows7, but if you get into that folder you should see Local and Roaming subfolders. Search for consensus.db file there and you will get to the sia operating data folder.

• @reinisp OK that worked ! I had to find teh right consensus folder AND i found the wallet backup and inside the folder for wallet had the file with the seed (it is named sia wallet seed ) its awesome! I love this now!

haha
    OMG found teh App data! I had to go under FOLDER options in CNTROl panel in winows 7 and do the whole "Shwo Hidden Files" trick! NOW i found the Appliccation or APP data under my user folder! it was HIDDEN before! Now i found SIA gui!

• @Zackza
    Now follow the steps mentioned in the post
    http://forum.sia.tech/topic/155/consensus-db-downloads

Then you should be only a few hours from seeing your actual balance if your AppData folder is on a conventional hard drive or much sooner if you have SSD as your system drive.

• @reinisp

OUH Oh new problem now my walllet password wont work! it says Wallet Unlocked, rror when providing encruption key and it just worked a few mins ago, what happened!?!

I am sorry for my franticness but I wanna use sia and wish the app would work..

THANK YOU for the help i REALLy do apreciate it!

OK NOW it works!

had replaced the CONSENSUS file i took out of the api folder, and so i moved it backk, maybe that was it, I restarted sia, and it seemed to work wen I tried my passowrd, but no it cameback with same error message "error when calling /wallet/unlock: provided encryption key is incorrect
    " but im up to almost 7000 block height do i need to let it download before i can login with my walllet password?

I still am happy i made oney with this but its unfortunately un usable at this time

And about downloading a new consensus file.. is that necisary now? Pnly if it gets stuck again right?

this is VERY tedious how do you expect non tech savvy people to EVER be able to use this? Well I get that my case is not normal, most people have newer computers but still you should have warned me not to send sia to a wallet that is not synced OR to not install sia on a computer as old as mine....theer was never a warning or minimum requirement info!

i would apreciate you giving em a way to actualy get my coins , this hasntreally helped now that my password doesnt work!
    Well Its already downloading it...but if it gets stuc, ill repeat the steps and manually download it from the new instructions here rigt? http://forum.sia.tech/topic/155/consensus-db-downloads

im definitly posting this on steemit ! They will LOVE to see how someone put five dollars intoan altcoin with promise and ended up with $152 a month or so later! I ccant WAIt for each siacoin to be worth $1 ill have $30,000 and I wil use ALOT of it for storage! wow cant wait to actually buy storage for my SMARTPHONE!

can i use sia with my smartphone instead of icloud?

wow i am kinda GLAD i kept my siacoins here where i couldnt spen em! if they were on poloniex i would have sold them awhile ago for more steller and ripple! wiw im glad i chose sia!