Bittrex?

• Hey There,

I'm new to the Sia community, and I must say: I love the entire concept behind your Blockchain technology! As a matter of fact, I was ready to invest a little by means of my favourite exchange Bittrex, but I noticed Sia isn't traded there. I was wondering if there is a chance you guys will reach out to Bittrex any time soon?

Keep up the good work!

Jelle

• Bittrex knows about Sia, and community members have approached them. Why they have not added Sia yet is not known. My thought is that they are waiting for someone to pay the 3 BTC listing fee (see: https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202583854-Submitting-a-Coin-to-Bittrex).

I don't consider the absence of Bittrex a huge thing. Siacoin is listed on Poloniex, Yunbi, HitBTC and Bitsquare. That seems to be about the right balance to cater for different regional markets and trader preferences. Of course, with Bittrex onboard there would be another large "backup" exchange but I doubt trading there would reach significant volumes any time soon. Trading on HitBTC since it launched Sia has been very limited.

• admins

I've always found it silly that they insist on us paying a 3 BTC fee. They will clearly make money from the trade volume. It makes sense to ask that from smaller coins, since the trade volume is not likely to cover the costs of integration, but in our case there's definitely profit opportunity, as our monthly trade volume is millions of dollars.

We'd be willing to pay it if it felt necessary, we have some money set aside for stuff like this. But thus far the community hasn't really seemed to need it. Between Poloniex, Yunbi, and Bitsquare we've had most of our needs covered. With Poloniex having disabled deposits and withdrawals recently, it makes more sense for us to pay for a Bittrex listing.

We'll be playing it by ear, but right now you can pretty much everything you need through Bitsquare and Yunbi.

• @Taek said in Bittrex?:

I've always found it silly that they insist on us paying a 3 BTC fee. They will clearly make money from the trade volume. It makes sense to ask that from smaller coins, since the trade volume is not likely to cover the costs of integration, but in our case there's definitely profit opportunity, as our monthly trade volume is millions of dollars.

We'd be willing to pay it if it felt necessary, we have some money set aside for stuff like this. But thus far the community hasn't really seemed to need it. Between Poloniex, Yunbi, and Bitsquare we've had most of our needs covered. With Poloniex having disabled deposits and withdrawals recently, it makes more sense for us to pay for a Bittrex listing.

We'll be playing it by ear, but right now you can pretty much everything you need through Bitsquare and Yunbi.

Hi Taek. why Poloniex have disabled transactions?

• admins

@Janpr99 said in Bittrex?:

Hi Taek. why Poloniex have disabled transactions?

I am not sure! I have been trying to get in contact with their support. They are losing trade volume and credibility, and we are also losing trade volume and credibility. In the meantime, Yunbi is working just fine and I definitely encourage users to set up an account there. To convert BTC <-> SC you will need to provide identification like a driver's license or passport, but it only took me about 5 minutes to get through all of the setup. It's faster than Coinbase.

I hope to have good news about Poloniex soon. They have yet to talk to me, but I will keep trying and let you guys know as soon as the issue is resolved.

• Thanks for sharing. keep updating.