low price

• is there any new news about SC? Do you have any program?why the price is reduced so much?
    i am mining sc.can i be hopeful to grow sc? if the answer is yes , could you please tell me When will it happen?
    because if it does not grow i must leave mining.it is waste of time and money.

• I would say that it is a little the case for all the cryptocurrencies: x.
    I have several miners in Bitcoin, Ethereum and Monero, we can earn money and fortunately we pay Kw / h to $ 0.02 (USA)

After it's hard to tell if a cryptocurrency will increase or not: x
    But currently all cryptocurrents are receding

• Global Moderator

@mohammad2671 Some might say the price is reduced due to over mining and or lack of progress in the project.

Make sure you tag me @bryan if you need to me respond.
    Forum Mod. I cannot fix transactions. I can't help with Mac or Linux.
    alt text
    Unofficial Web Based Siacoin Wallet. No more syncing.

• @bryan said in low price:

lack of progress in the project
    it is very important for me to know it is for lack of progress in the project or some things else cause this problem.which one ?
    thanks

• Global Moderator

@mohammad2671 I don't know I'm just suggesting. Also keep in mind that crypto as a whole is down like 70 billion dollars right now from last month and it severely effects alt coins like SIa.

Make sure you tag me @bryan if you need to me respond.
    Forum Mod. I cannot fix transactions. I can't help with Mac or Linux.
    alt text
    Unofficial Web Based Siacoin Wallet. No more syncing.

• Can't exclude the fact that a hardforks always affects pricing, and we've just had SIAs forst offical HF.
    I'n not related to sia anyway, but new updates acre coming out relatvely frequently adressing some of the issues on the tech side.
    However... what is missing are use cases to simply bring the utilization up from the 4-5% The recent videostreaming feature did not bring it up a lot, really

• @bryan said in low price:

@mohammad2671 Some might say the price is reduced due to over mining and or lack of progress in the project.

That would be ironic. I would think it's the other way around really. When Siacoin allowed for graphics cards miners to mine easily before the ASIC boost "upgrade" that is when the price was doing relatively well. Because even with a below average graphics card a person could still manage to make a decent dollar. However after the ASIC boost "upgrade" and difficulty adjustment the mining has only been available to ASIC miners because it's too difficult to mine for graphics cards. Which is ironic because the whole idea of the difficult adjustment was to prevent ASIC miners from profiting so much too fast but now the market is completely there's. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Sure a person with a graphics card could theoretically mine, but it would be pointless without a dedicated miner and most of them wouldn't provide a decent ROI for a while if at all.

The irony is Siacoin was supposed to go to the moon with ASICS miners but it's doing the opposite. This also doesn't factor in the Total Supply or anything like that.

Then last but not least the main reason for the drastic price decrease since I joined the market besides Bitcoin going down is literally majority of the major exchanges where SiaCoin is listed all have issues! Poloniex has wallet issues and HitBTC have wallet issues. I even heard there was something going on with Bittrex. All these exchanges are literally not properly supporting SiaCoin's wallets and refuse to fix them. Collectively it has taken a toll on SiaCoin's price and if there is no other reason for the low price then that definitely may be it.

Other than that the technology is there. The use for Siacoin is there. All the elements for it to do well are there. The roadmap just needs to be followed and the community just needs to support it more. However I won't completely blame the community because the community is doing a great job. Again a lot of these exchanges are sabotaging this project and I don't know if it's intentional or not but that's what's happening.

• After that it's all bonus for sia users who are looking to make a backup, because the price of hosting is not expensive. Actually, Sia is much cheaper than Amazon because the price is low;)

• Indeed it is good for the renters.
    However SIA can not function and ever go large if the revenue generated from hosting space cannot even cover cost of electricity and the capex of HW investment. At the moment that is unfortunately the case. If you host, and want to have contracts opended agains your host, you will have to set your price @anything between 15-20 SC, and wait for months to the space to be utilized.
    I'm hoping that the tech will evolve and there will be good 3rd party usecases building on that to generate more storage demand