Sia-UI Portable ?

• will there be any chances that it will work in the near future?

• @Albert I was also looking to do what you suggest; move the consensus folder to anohter place since Iøm on a windows SSD disk for the OS, and the blockchain just gets bigger and bigger... I was not able to have it to work :-(

• I can't believe the developers didn't think about that...

That's a real basic thing to be able to store all BIG files on the external hard drive.

And if Sia-UI become portable it would be the best, it will push the people to install Sia-UI directly on their external hard drive. This is will increase the users....

Right now I don't have other choice than uninstall Sia-UI because it takes to much space on my internal hard drive. ARF wasting time....

• @Albert ...they diod think about it actually... there is a parameter as the thread reveals, but I just don't know how it works - you doulc try the forum on discord, which is much omre active than in here-

• @Albert Actually I got it to work by closing SIA, copying the whole structure with the Sia-UI/sia and then changing the parameter in the config file and do a restart.

• @larsfloe said in Sia-UI Portable ?:

@Albert Actually I got it to work by closing SIA, copying the whole structure with the Sia-UI/sia and then changing the parameter in the config file and do a restart.

This is not going to work, SIA-UI is not a portable software and have some dependency with windows registry

Please read what I wrote above

• I removed SIA-UI already, the blockchain files cannot be stored on my external hard disk

Be aware, this software doesn't have uninstaller. It will be necessary to clean by hand the registry of windows , this is a real bullshit....

do not listen the official recommandation, that's a wrong advise

• Good stuff @Albert. Thanks for the share.

Bitcoins trading Australia

• @Albert I disagree.... I've moved the relevant folder out of the default place, edited the config file. No errors are reported. the consensus is synced and growing as before, I've checked I can send funds to anoter wallet.. Later I'll move it to a USB stick to avoid disk from constantly spinning...