hitbtc siacoin wallet issues -- does anybody else is having the same problem?

• I have been having problems with hitbtc siacoin wallet issues. Their system is showing the following when I click on deposit or withdraw:
    Please note that withdrawals are temporarily unavailable due to technical maintenance. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

It has been days since they had this issue and I got a very brief and general respond which they acknowledge the problem and working on it but other than that nothing and my deposits are still not showing. This is quite scary and what made me more concern was my search the internet and found a lot of unhappy ex-customers of theirs. So I decided to post the issue and ask the following:
    Does anybody else is having the same problem?
    If anyone else experienced this issue did they ever get their missing deposits? If so was it through putting complaints against hitbtc?
    Since this incidence is in cryptocurrency space are there any legal assistance or I have to take traditional approach?

Frankly I am starting to think that I am not the only possible victim and would like to collect as much data and information in case. So plkease post all your comments to this thread and do not call me stupid for having doing business with hitbtc because I had nooo idea they were this terrible!

• Per further reading there are some articles from Jan. of 2018 which is similar to the current scenario. Is this a problem from Sia or hitbtc? That is where I am totally confused. However I do not have any problems with my Siacoin wallet by a different exchange and it is only hitbtc. Any one out there with any opinions? Thanks

• I have the same problem.I do not know what to do? They always say the same. We work on it. The worst thing is that I went to Poloniex. And I only got half of it for my money. Is anyone can safe to exchange siacoin?

• I have the same problem. Did get an answer from support:

Eugene Moura (HitBTC)
    Mar 28, 10:35 WEST

Dear Trader,

Thank you for reaching out!

SC is temporarily unavailable for the deposits, transfers and withdrawals due to the technical maintenance.

Our engineers are working hard on the wallet update - please be sure that your coins are safe and the operations are going to be available soon.

All the transactions will successfully go through. And the funds will be available for further operations.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,
    Eugene Moura
    HitBTC Support team

• @rebel I've gotten the same one. It seems like we should be compensated for all the trading time lost with no access to our coins. It's very frustrating.

• @roosbad try QBTC. The Chinese text does not completely translate on the trading view, but everything else is fine. If you've ever used a crypto exchange, you will have no problems using the site. They will instantly verify ID, even US driver's licenses. I am not sure about their fees, but so far, I am satisfied with my results.

• It has been almost 3 weeks since I reported the issue and here and there their engineer posts the following BS (probably copy and paste to other customers):
    Apr 2, 19:27 WEST
    Dear Trader,

Thank you for reaching out!

Unfortunately, we can't state the exact timeline yet, but we assure you that our engineers are working on the top of their speed on the wallet update process.

As soon as the coin is back available for the withdrawals you will see the information in the "Account" (https://hitbtc.com/account) and "System Health" (https://hitbtc.com/system-health) sections on HitBTC.

• By the way I have moved my business to abucoins and very happy with their system/service. Hitbtc should be investigated for misconduct. How is it possible to steal money from people and have excuses? Why wouldn't Sia band them? Are they part of it as well? I hope not as I find Sia a good project.

• @rebel
    have been waiting to send some bc to bittrex too

pls update

thanks

• Here is (see below) what I posted to their deaf/dumb/clueless/disconnected support but no response either. THIS COMPANY IS UNREAL.

You know damn well about your corrupt system and you know your engineers cannot fix this issue. It has been weeks and you keep responding with dead end answers. Why not do this:
    I will organize a missing transaction (deposits) and you can compensate the equal value in litecoin or bitcoin or dodgecoin and let me transfer the total to a different exchange at no cost?

• Any ideas where to place a complain about HitBTC officially? Any help is much appreciated to get this dumb company under investigation. I see a lot of complaints but there are portal/public websites. Thanks in advance.

• I have exactly same problem and really worry about my withdraws ...

• I have same problem too

• This post itself is almost 3 weeks old. I hope this gets indexed in google so more people are aware of this crooks. I hope every one else stays on these guys anyway you can. Just keep posting here. I also noticed their stupid forum has been having an announcement for a new upcoming version for a while. It seems to me they are full of s..t. There are a couple of other exchanges that are similarly as bad as them but I am not going to post here as I have not been a victim, thank god.

• Hello
    Siacinler has not been technically responsible for HittBC since March 21st. Is it possible that these Siacoin can be withdrawn and loaded back into the new wallet?

• gmstuart,

Thanks for your post but I do not think this is the case. You can actually see in the following link that SC deposit has been offline since 3-21-2018:

https://hitbtc.com/system-health

SC Offline count: 6
    oldest: 2018-03-21 08:18 — Online Online Offline count: 0 count: 0 — — Technical maintenance

you cannot withdraw or deposit. It has been down officially for a month. Imagine these kind of incidences in a traditional banking system and wonder why people criticize and are scared of de-centeralized cryptocurrency systems. Well I am a supporter but really it is very much like being in wilderness naked. Meaning there are no rules, no regulation, no support, and no accountability.