Unable to unlock Wallet

• After confirming I have the correct password (changing a word in the generated password results in an "incorrect password" error), I've let the Sia-UI sit at the "Unlocking your wallet, this may take a while" prompt for over 20 minutes now.

What's the best course of action into looking to resolve this?

Hardware specs:

2008 r2 patched to date
    VM running under ESXI 5.5
    8gb and 2vCPU, host has dual Xeon x5570.

• Global Moderator

Just wait some more.

Is this a new wallet or was it upgraded from a previous version?

• New wallet created with v1 release. (Didn't need to upgrade from v6, didn't have any balance in the old one.)

Ah, I see it's done. That took nearly 30 minutes to unlock. I know it said "This will take a few", just didn't expect half an hour.

• Global Moderator

Yeaa... The software is a bit slow at the moment. But the devs are working hard to speed it up.

• I have the same problem, the error message is "error when calling /wallet/unlock: provided encryption key is incorrect" ,maybe I set the password sometimes before,but I forget it ,could I create a new one or reset my password?

• Global Moderator

@lrqstudy said in Unable to unlock Wallet:

I have the same problem, the error message is "error when calling /wallet/unlock: provided encryption key is incorrect" ,maybe I set the password sometimes before,but I forget it ,could I create a new one or reset my password?

You cannot reset your password as this is the same as your wallet's seed. If you forget the seed/password, you have lost access to your wallet unless you have at your disposal a super computer for the next 5 years to brute force crack the seed...

To remove your old wallet (and loose all funds in it), you can move/delete the /wallet folder and Sia will then generate a new one the next time you start the UI.

• thanks all of you ,I have fixed the problem.