Wallet Problems... ffmpeg.dll not found, sia not in wallet?

• First off, i'm a rookie at all of this so have mercy lol

Downloaded the Siacoin wallet after a 5 day install. During that time I had a good chunk of Siacoin sent to my wallet and upon reading other topics in this forum, I see the Siacoin should have arrived when the install was complete.

The install is now complete, my siacoin is not in my wallet and now when I try to reopen the app a message comes up "The code execution cannot proceed because ffmpeg.dll was not found. Retinstalling the program may fix this problem"

I am NOT looking to reinstall and wait another 5 days lol... that stunk!

Anyone have any solutions? Is my Siacoin going to arrive? Help a rookie out!!

Thanks,
    G

• There is also a "node.dll not found" message that pops up as well... gah

• Global Moderator

@gzsia
    I think you have a corrupted wallet file, please redownload your wallet here (https://sia.tech/apps/) to see if it works.

Find me on the Official Sia Discord.

Feel free to donate if I helped you!
    SC: e8f701c1b2b37c8560cd9bbd2ab85e352d27112f51f0cec815a1331dcc2257392f6b53440b4c
    DCR: DsSKZQkB1MZ81o5DtePbmC3swPCzgbtdg6f
    ETH/ETC: 0x5d67690768F0Fc4780c578393Ca567e5bCb38378

• You may try system restore and check if it helps if the issue happened after any changes.
    System Restore can return your PC's system files and programs to a time when everything was working fine, potentially preventing hours of troubleshooting headaches. It will not affect your documents, pictures, or other data.
    Please refer to the link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/What-is-System-Restore
    Or you can also use the old-school method of downloading ffmpeg.dll from the dll database website. This is one of the many websites that you can use to download the missing DLL files. Any given file would have a number of versions and you can choose any depending upon the version of OS you use. Always opt for the latest version.