Wallet not accepting password and won't let me copy and paste

• Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie and have recently downloaded my siacoin wallet. ....I got there eventually after it took 6 DAYS to sync!

The next issue I have is when I go to enter my wallet password, everything's I try isn't working.

I have saved the password on my laptop notepad and also have written it down. I have tried to copy and paste, however the wallet password box won't let me right click to paste, which is annoying!

I have tried countless times to enter my password, the same as the seed. I have tried both ways of leaving no spaces and also by clicking the space bar whenever typing my password.

It took soooooo long to sync, I'm very reluctant to delete the file and start again - I've been trying to buy some coins now for over a week and it's proving so difficult to just get to this point!

If I can't copy and paste in my password, and yet I've tried many times to manually and very carefully type it in - does any one have any suggestions please?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice, I really don't want to have to download and start again - plus I'm worried I'll only have the same issue if I can't copy and paste in the password? Has any one else had these issues?

Thanks again

Danielle

• @Danielle Did you save the key when you set the wallet up? Also have you tried pressing "Ctrl V" to manually past the password in?

• Global Moderator

@Danielle You should use hotkeys to copy and paste. As long as you have the seed you'll be safe.

Make sure you tag me @bryan if you need to me respond.
    Forum Mod. I cannot fix transactions. I can't help with Mac or Linux.
    alt text
    Unofficial Web Based Siacoin Wallet. No more syncing.

• Thanks very much for the replies, much appreciated. I had tried ctrl c and v yesterday and they didn't work,however, is tied again a few times today and finally, I'm in! Wallet still took another hour or so to sync from 97.8%, but finally there now. Just need to actually buy some coins now, so frustrating as I wanted to buy last week but wallet took 6 days to sync!!! Thanks again.

• Global Moderator

@Danielle I'd advise you to stay away from poloniex.

Make sure you tag me @bryan if you need to me respond.
    Forum Mod. I cannot fix transactions. I can't help with Mac or Linux.
    alt text
    Unofficial Web Based Siacoin Wallet. No more syncing.