Sia trying to connect to malicious website.

• Hi, I installed and synchronised SIA last night, but have just found that Malwarebytes is preventing SIA from accessing a site:
    -Blocked Website Details-
    Malicious Website: 1
    , , Blocked, [-1], [-1],0.0.0
    -Website Data-
    Domain: ratata.chickenkiller.com
    IP Address: 127.42.0.175
    Port: [51451]
    Type: Outbound
    File: C:\Users\xxxx\Downloads\Sia-UI-v1.3.0-win32-x64\resources\app\Sia\siad.exe
    I've now deleted the whole thing. My PC checks out as clean, so can someone explain why SIA is attempting to do this? Thanks,

• Global Moderator

This is a Sia host. Your client tried to connect to it to get information about the host settings, and to see if it's online (which it isn't).

What I don't understand is why malwarebytes is worrying about connecting to a computer that's not even online.

Here are the details about the host, it was last online a month ago: https://siahub.info/host/7086

• Thanks for quick response, Fornax.
    Call me paranoid but there is scam site called chickenkiller.com, hence my deleting everything!
    That may be why Malwarebytes got so uppity too:-)
    Of course I've now dl'd another copy and am synchronising a new wallet on another PC.

• Global Moderator

Oh, I see. chickenkiller is a dynamic DNS provider. So someone used it to spread malware, and now the entire domain is being blocked.

• @Fornax Well if that's the case and it's completely down that's the safest position I can be in:-) No worries!