Cant Recover Seed. Please help. 14 Nov 17

• Hi All,

Sorry for the repeat post if this has been posted but i recently formatted my computer and i can't recover my previous wallet after installing SIA UI.

I imported my seed but my password isn't working after importing it. Is there anyway to re-import the seed to try again as I can't seem to find the option.

I have both my seed and wallet password.

Could any kind soul please help me?

Thank you all.

• I am using Windows 10 to be clear.

• Global Moderator

@Jjsia Your password and seed should be the same if you're starting fresh. You should be able to click recover and enter your old seed into it. It should then use your old wallet. Hope that helps.

Make sure you tag me @bryan if you need to me respond.
    Forum Mod. I cannot fix transactions. I can't help with Mac or Linux.
    alt text
    Unofficial Web Based Siacoin Wallet. No more syncing.

• @Jjsia
    Hi Bryan, I tried but its not working. I am certain of the password and seed as i have a copy of it.

How do i reload my seed again? Is there other way as I dont want to uninstall the Sia UI and re-sync it again.

• @Jjsia

Also, i tried to run some command at the terminal but it didn't work. is this normal?

Error: unknown command "balance" for "C:\Users\

Run 'C:\Users\ --help' for usage.

Thanks in advance all!

• @bryan

forgot to tag you. i have tried to re-seed it 3 times and my old passphase doesn't work.

When i click load a wallet from a seed, should i tick "use custom passphase"? I haven't tick this for the last 3 attempts. What will happen if I ticked this option as I notice they will ask for my seed and new passphase?

Appreciate your assistance.

• @bryan

i got the following log after importing my seed.
    2017/11/14 16:30:42.187607 encrypt.go:384: INFO: found key index 17 in blockchain. Setting primary seed progress to 19
    2017/11/14 16:32:04.535849 encrypt.go:577: INFO: Unlocking wallet.
    2017/11/14 16:32:37.194266 encrypt.go:577: INFO: Unlocking wallet.
    2017/11/14 16:32:50.521019 encrypt.go:577: INFO: Unlocking wallet.
    2017/11/14 16:33:03.489648 encrypt.go:577: INFO: Unlocking wallet.
    2017/11/14 16:33:12.012736 encrypt.go:577: INFO: Unlocking wallet.
    2017/11/14 16:33:19.093124 encrypt.go:577: INFO: Unlocking wallet.

But my previous password wont work. It was working fine before i format my comp. is it possible to create a new wallet with new passcode and load my seed afterwards?

Appreciate anybody response please.

• Global Moderator

@Jjsia Yes you must create a new wallet then recover the old one. try using EasySia.com. if that fails then your seed is wrong.

Make sure you tag me @bryan if you need to me respond.
    Forum Mod. I cannot fix transactions. I can't help with Mac or Linux.
    alt text
    Unofficial Web Based Siacoin Wallet. No more syncing.