How to i mine sia solo using the terminal in the windows 10 UI wallet?

• i cant find any help solo mining .... only mining pools. what is the command for solo mining.. typing start miner in im not sure if thats all i need to do please help with the command lines for mining. i am using the UI for ming.

• You need to start the mining module with siad: https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-GPU-Miner/issues/44

You do realize, unless you have several hundred graphics cards, you are not likely to see a payout for weeks, months, or even years at a time?

People use pools to get a consistent payout.

--
    SiaMining.com -- Your PPS Sia Pool.
    I'm not affiliated or work on the Sia/Nebulous team.

• i understand this but i have over 150 locations im puting 1 miner in each

• can i use Ubuntu in virtual box for this miner since windows is every OS?

• One 1080TI is faster than all of your CPU miners put together. Even if they are dual socket deca core chips. All 150 of them.

Yes, you can mine in a VM. Marlin supports CPU mining.

I would still test your actual hashrate at a pool, and then if the results are to your liking, solo mine.

Not to dissuade you from mining and being part of the Sia community, but if you are going to CPU only mine, XMR (Monera) is a better option.

--

• so what your saying is just buy one 1080ti and i will come out better

• @gifted To put it lightly, yes. A single 1080TI (3,000MH/s) is better for Siacoin mining. Last I checked, Newer Intel chips mined at about 1MH/s per 1GHz of core. 1MH/s * 150 (location) * 4 (quad core, HT doesn't count)* 3 (GHz)= 1,800MH/s.

IF you wanted to CPU mine, then XMR is a great fit.

--

• Thank you for your answers. maybe ill just buy five instead.