Sia wallet sync suggestion

• Hello Team,

I'm interested in securing my Sia coin safely so I thought I would use the Windows Wallet. Trouble is the sync takes a very long time.

I recall when I setup another alt coin wallet (Antshare) they had a chain.acc file I could download. What was taking over a day to sync for that wallet was done in minutes after I downloaded their chain file and re synced the wallet.

Does SIA provide this ability for their wallet whereby I could download a file (albeit large perhaps) and provide that as my initial file for setting up the wallet? This would greatly reduce the sync time I'm facing now.

Any advice or pointers you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

• Global Moderator

@greavette You could download from another person. Though I wouldn't recommend downloading things from other people.

Make sure you tag me @bryan if you need to me respond.
    Forum Mod. I cannot fix transactions. I can't help with Mac or Linux.
    alt text
    Unofficial Web Based Siacoin Wallet. No more syncing.

• @bryan Thanks for the reply.

That's kind of what I'm getting at...except not from just anyone. Could not the Sia Team provide this download file for us to use? it would greatly increase the initial sync time and provide an easier way to setup the initial Sia Desktop Wallet. Great for adoption too so it won't be so frustratingly long.

Thank you.

• @greavette
    You can download the consensus from SiaHub.
    That is not provided by "the Sia team" but I think SiaHub has not any bad intentions by providing it.
    The according "How to" can be found on the Sia wiki.

• @reinisp Thanks you! Exactly what I was hoping for. Much appreciated.