Negative experience of SIA hosting and warning against it

• @moorsc0de said in Negative experience of SIA hosting and warning against it:

I'm not going to engage the foolery.. the last time I did- it was used against me. \

Clarification of facts is hardly targeting. Here is a friendly rememider of the actual statement regarding your ban:

taek
    [4:28 AM]
    That's enough. @moorsc0de you've crossed the line a few times, and I've granted you leniency specifically because you are critical of Sia, but you are being rude and intentionally damaging our community

The more you ppl target me, the more they expose the lack of addressing the REAL SIA issues that people (including myself) have been complaining about and been openly transparent about.

Yes, and the there are ONLY 3 devs. There's other problems that require their attention.

@vHost The easiest way to reach the devs about this is to file a bug report. Head to github, and give information. Then you can work with them directly. There is a lot mess in the forums and the devs are simply unable to sift through every post due to time.

--
    SiaMining.com -- Your PPS Sia Pool.
    I'm not affiliated or work on the Sia/Nebulous team.

• @xurious I'm afraid I don't care enough about the project to file a bug report.

News alert: I never signed up for beta testing.

I've lost money for no fault of my own and I'm so alienated with SIA right now that I just want the project to fail. If you, the devs, whoever, doesn't want to or doesn't have the resources to take the info I posted here, it's your own problem and a sign you've tried to bite into more than you can chew.

• @vHost Agreed - Consumers should not be the built in testing function of Sia. Many of us (including self) have obliged in that, and in return targeted as problems or "crossing lines".
    smh

Unofficial User / Tester / Analyst of Sia ( w/Renter and Host experience)

• Global Moderator

@vHost don't care enough about the project but you seem to care about your coins. Helping the project may eventually help you earn your coins back.

I understand your attitude because I had a similar attitude losing some of my coins when I came to the project. However I chose to help instead of complain and I've made quite a bit of cash already.

At the end of the day this project is very young and no one cares if you have a bad attitude about losing your coins with a technology you had no idea how to use. This isn't new, we all know how unfriendly it is. That is how decentralized systems work. You're a grain of sand on the beach.

All that said I hope you choose stay with the project and find a way to make your coins back. We could always use more people on here helping people avoid the problems you encountered.

Make sure you tag me @bryan if you need to me respond.
    Forum Mod. I cannot fix transactions. I can't help with Mac or Linux.
    alt text
    Unofficial Web Based Siacoin Wallet. No more syncing.

• @bryan Agreed as well...continue to help people... then they can ultimately see what you/we see. Then the grains of sand turn into a beachfront.
    Then Sia will have to answer up or swim with the fishes lol

@vHost I have written and posted a lot (even wrote the tutorial in here about how to open ports- which no one including Sia has written) .. so the nay sayers on me can talk BS all they want... but I have written articles for help- helped many individuals in private chat as well- BUT I have also criticized when needed. In this space Sia has to take good with bad.. unfortunately there is more bad than good to report. Banning people that report bad.. (for me) is a bit more damaging than listening (my opinion). But I am honestly not sure Sia even is aware of these issues- which is and can be the source for frustration.
    What gets me is those who attempt to suppress the bad. If Sia was working.. I would be the biggest advocate as well. Just so happens I cant advocate for bad code.
    shrugs

• @bryan so that's how they got you in as well. Well done complying to the monetary loss and become their testing minion. Why should they care about buggy software when they have subjugated minions like yourself obeying to their collateral wip. Thanks for your help it all makes sense now.

• Global Moderator

@vHost it's possible that you're right. But I've made 20x the coins I lost. Sia is making my house payments.

alt text

• @bryan I find that highly impossible. Unless you live in a shack.Not saying that to be smart.. but the price of BTC along with the price of SC. is dismal right now and has been for some time.

• Global Moderator

@moorsc0de not this month I guess. I'm on vacation. Didn't realize the value is now half. Guess is back to mining and holding.

alt text