Questions about redundancy / contracts & prices

• Hi All,
    Few very important questions, I guess it is possible to get the answers in the low level documentation but I didn't manage to.

1. What happens with data if the host will go down?
      I'm not referring to the contract that it will be cancelled. I'm questioning whether the data will be transferred automatically to another host where the contract is valid, so replicas will be back to 3? If it doesn't happen automatically, how to do it manually?

2. Is it possible to create a contract with specific node (include in allowance)? Is it supported by siac ?

3. Is it possible to see the contract price per storage/upload/download of TB with siac client or somehow else? Today it shows only some numbers which is hard to read.
      Total cost: 7.408 SC (Fees: 5.419 SC)
      Funds Allocated: 1.989 SC
      Upload Spending: 8.405 uS
      Storage Spending: 1.216 mS
      Download Spending: 100.9 uS
      Remaining Funds: 1.988 SC

4. Is it possible to cancel contract as a renter? (for example there are new nodes with cheaper price)

• @vshcherb

1. Data is reported to be stored with auto redundancy 3x. So if your host goes down- no worries the renter should be ok. If a large number of hosts go down- not so good.
    2. No.
    3. No- the renter contract does show how much they paid on contracts which can be 65% of their total allowance in some cases. It also reveals the remaining spend they have. But never seen this attached to amount of space they have available to them.
    4. Yes, the caveat is you lose your remaining allowance that is un-used versus getting it back. The command is renter allowance cancel. This will cancel your contracts and forfeit your coins (to whom.. im not sure).

Unofficial User / Tester / Analyst of Sia ( w/Renter and Host experience)

1. The probability that 10 nodes go down in 1 hour is very low but there is a high probability during a month price surge to down. If I need to reupload files and pay double to prevent that situation that makes system overpriced.

After reading you answers I'm curious,
    Is there a low-level technical information how allowance / contracts work?

• @vshcherb said in :

1. Is it possible to see the contract price per storage/upload/download of TB with siac client or somehow else? Today it shows only some numbers which is hard to read.
      Total cost: 7.408 SC (Fees: 5.419 SC)
      Funds Allocated: 1.989 SC
      Upload Spending: 8.405 uS
      Storage Spending: 1.216 mS
      Download Spending: 100.9 uS
      Remaining Funds: 1.988 SC

You can check some additional info on contracts as renter with siac (or console in sia-UI).
    command "siac renter prices" shows average prices for NEW contract (It will apply if you want to sign additional new contracts). Example:

Renter Prices (estimated):
    Fees for Creating a Set of Contracts: 187 SC
    Download 1 TB: 28.86 SC
    Store 1 TB for 1 Month: 183.1 SC
    Upload 1 TB: 16.81 SC

I think "Set of Contracts" refers to default number of contracts (40), so average price of creation 1 new contract in this example is 187/40 = 4.675 SC

command "siac renter contracts" shows info on your already existing contracts with hosts

• @moorsc0de said in Questions about redundancy / contracts & prices:

1. Yes, the caveat is you lose your remaining allowance that is un-used versus getting it back. The command is renter allowance cancel. This will cancel your contracts and forfeit your coins (to whom.. im not sure).

I think this will only stop client from signing NEW contracts with host. And from renewal (prolongation) of contacts.
    But already existing contracts will remain unaffected and will be valid until the date specified at their conclusion.

• @Mad_Max
    Yes any existing contract will still have files linked to it (unless those files are deleted), but unusued allowance is forfeited. Correct.

Unofficial User / Tester / Analyst of Sia ( w/Renter and Host experience)