Trouble withdrawing sia from Bittrex to MyEtherWallet.com

• I'm attempting to withdraw siacoin to a MyEtherWallet.com address accessed via a Trezor with 1.5 firmware.

The same address is storing a good amount of GNT.

Bittrex won't let me do the transaction because it says the destination address is invalid.

I do see that GNT is in the list on the right and SC is not. Could that be why? Any ideas?

Exact error: "Address: 0x22b41BCEBD969Db0dC75EA677192cD5B54436584
    The address you submitted is not valid for the SC network. Cancel this withdrawal and resubmit it."

• Global Moderator

@jeremyt ether wallet is not for siacoin. Do not try to send it there. Could result in losing your coins.

Make sure you tag me @bryan if you need to me respond.
    Forum Mod. I cannot fix transactions. I can't help with Mac or Linux.

• Global Moderator

@jeremyt I should also mention the only wallet available is the sia coin client. My advice is to just leave it in bittrex.

• @bryan why dont u recommend the sia coin client? I dont feel safe with my sia on bittrex. Im currently synching then ill trasnfe rit over to the client for cold storage. is that going to be problematic? thanksin advance!

• @Kenzu said in Trouble withdrawing sia from Bittrex to MyEtherWallet.com:

@bryan why dont u recommend the sia coin client? I dont feel safe with my sia on bittrex. Im currently synching then ill trasnfe rit over to the client for cold storage. is that going to be problematic? thanksin advance!

Since you're trying to move a coin to a wallet that has nothing to do with SC, then I guessing he's saying leave it on the exchange before you go and lose it.

There's nothing wrong with the official SC wallet in the client.

• Global Moderator

@Kenzu I don't recommend moving coins right now beside a lot of exchanges like poloniex and bittrex are losing people's coins. So basically if you're not going to host or purchase hosting, there is no real reason to move it.