Must wallet run as I mine?

• Does the Wallet have to be running when I mine? Or can I mine, then sync later when I was to transfer coins?

• @zerofrost Blockchains record transactions on a public ledger which allows you to verify the balance of any wallet/ public key at any point in time. Wallets will synchronize by downloading the ledger and verifying your current balance. A number of blockchain wallet applications with built in miners won't start mining until the node is synchronized, but with sia you should be able to mine without running the wallet at all (I have used the (go)miner in this manner without issue)

• Global Moderator

@zerofrost No it does not have to be running. The address will continue to receive transactions without being synced.

Make sure you tag me @bryan if you need to me respond.
    Forum Mod. I cannot fix transactions. I can't help with Mac or Linux.
    alt text
    Unofficial Web Based Siacoin Wallet. No more syncing.

• @TheMrCharles Thank you very much for clearing that up. I have another question. How long does it take for the balance to update?

• Global Moderator

@zerofrost If you're already synced it should only be a few seconds. If you're really behind on the sync it could say zero balance until you're finished syncing. Make sure the wallet is unlocked.

Make sure you tag me @bryan if you need to me respond.
    Forum Mod. I cannot fix transactions. I can't help with Mac or Linux.
    alt text
    Unofficial Web Based Siacoin Wallet. No more syncing.

• @bryan thank you very much