Question to SIA admins

• As you know, several days already lots of people are suffering from not received coins after withdrawal from Poloniex. Please comment the situation.

• 300 million market cap. Sia team need to cash out some of their holdings and hire a bigger team, there is a lot of potential here. If the problems are not rectified soon I fear their reputation will suffer irreparable damage.

• It´s a poloniex problem as far as i know, they are having some issues with the maintenance....

btw Im not a sia dev

• @d3nis
    lol, today im lost 60k from my wallet

• you really mean from the siac wallet, with all the blockchain synced?
    My SC, still there, hope u have it back....

• Global Moderator

You can't lose coins that you never received in the first place.

When you send coins to your wallet just make sure that the blockchain is in sync (you can see it in the top right corner of your wallet window). If it's not in sync your coins will show up once the client is done syncing.

If the coins never leave poloniex you can't do anything but contact their support, they will try to resend the transaction.

EDIT: Also make sure that your wallet is always updated to the latest version (currently 1.2.2). Sia has seen a lot of wallet bugs, luckily most of them are just the way transactions get reported in the GUI, and not how many coins you actually have. These bugs are frequently getting patched, so update your wallets!

• It would help if the admins were updating the announcements and links too...
    So,
    the "current actual" version is 1.2.2
    From the Announcements I can understand that the latest is 1.2.1 ( http://forum.sia.tech/topic/952/sia-v1-2-1-released )
    In "Sia Links" (the box on the right side) are links to the version 1.2.0...

• @Fornax said in Question to SIA admins:

You can't lose coins that you never received in the first place.

When you send coins to your wallet just make sure that the blockchain is in sync (you can see it in the top right corner of your wallet window). If it's not in sync your coins will show up once the client is done syncing.

If the coins never leave poloniex you can't do anything but contact their support, they will try to resend the transaction.

EDIT: Also make sure that your wallet is always updated to the latest version (currently 1.2.2). Sia has seen a lot of wallet bugs, luckily most of them are just the way transactions get reported in the GUI, and not how many coins you actually have. These bugs are frequently getting patched, so update your wallets!

2017-05-24_142014.png154 K

https://mega.nz/#!9YtRwKaa!MhDqXO84hLMP46-aElz_SisTQiEWPXbr8PQ0cn6yQho

• POLO says SC is down for maintenance on their site. Its a crappy POLO issues. FYI. Nothing to do with Sia

• @gotohell it doesnt even show up on the blockchain when checking the official sia explorer despite Polo having a txid, there is no amount of looking or working on your local wallet that is going to fix that.

• Global Moderator

Please don't use mega for sharing images.. That website is so slow and cumbersome that most people aren't going to bother looking at it. You can use pixeldrain.com or imgur.com for easy file sharing without any hassle for the viewers. (Disclaimer: pixeldrain is my own website)

• Global Moderator

And about the issues with poloniex: A fix has been implemented in the master branch of the source code repository, now it's up to the exchanges to update their wallets. Polo's developers are not very accessible, so that may also take a while.

• @Fornax Please push Poloniex to active the wallet and solve the missing coin issues. It has been nearly half month and problem still exists. The low efficiency like this is not acceptable. I know SIA team has done their part, but Polo issue is destroying the confidence of SIA investors. Ask them to solve the problem immediately or the problem will grow bigger as time goes and affect the development of SIA project !

• @Fornax please push the poloniex ,the slow service destroy the confidence of SC investors.The nearly missed their coin over a half month without any response or notice.thanks

• Dear administrator, we hope to solve the problem of poloniex's withdrawal at an early date. We wait 10 days and we are very anxious

• @Fornax You have to push Polo to solve the problem today. At least ask them to give us an official notice or timeline. We can not wait any longer !

• @Fornax the poloniex wallet is fixed.but our coin still isn't back.please help.

• Global Moderator

Here's a little announcement @Taek posted a few minutes ago:

we've given the exchanges the tools they need to fix things up
    now we're waiting on them

We don't know what Polo's priorities are, but I heard that bittrex is currently working on it.