Host Unreachable

• I believe this issue can be resolved (given ports are open) by sending in the announcement tokens. Without the 1 time announcement token sent in the nodes will time you out. Despite ports being open. Hope this helps.

Unofficial User / Tester / Analyst of Sia ( w/Renter and Host experience)

• Sending the announcement tokens does not resolve the issue as I had done that before the issue began.
    I also tried it again after it started.
    It seemed to start after I upgraded to 1.2.2, but I downgraded to see if it persisted and it did. I had only been using sia for a few days before 1.2.2 was released.

• when you say "using" are you referring to hosting?
    If you were hosting this would mean you had ports open- but you also wouldnt be getting that msg.

If you have never hosted then I would think the ports also have never been opened if your continuing to get the "unreachable host" your ports are not open either on the router or firewall.. or if running windows 10.. check the windows firewall as well. Also use this website to confirm the ports are in fact open.

http://canyouseeme.org/

• Same problem.. Over the course of a day it will alternate between being connected and not. Running 1.2.2 on Windows. I tried restarting the application, re-announcing, etc., but the problem persists.

• @jeff Its a port issue. Check your router... also as a insider tip if using windows.. also config the windows fireall to open those ports.. and any specialty software like McAfee Firewall. But usually router is the blame for a connect and then a disco.

• I have the same problem. Web sites confirm that I'm reachable on 9981 and 9982. Client says that I'm online and hosting all the time when I check. Yet, I miss random online scans. WTF? I'm mining on this rig, so it's not sleeping or anything. My score is horrible and I'm about to give up. :(

• @forest21000
    I made a new post to hopefully help some user open their ports. Link here

http://forum.sia.tech/topic/1542/sia-port-opening-instructions-by-moorsc0de

• @jeff Turns out I had to manually open the ports in my router. Not sure why it still managed to connect sometimes considering the ports were closed. Maybe it depends if it's the host that's calling outwards, or if it's the clients that are polling the host? But I don't know how the protocol works. I had the feeling the issue had something to do with inbound/outbound connections as used with iptables. If it's outbound it works, if it's inbound it doesn't... until you unblock everything.

• This is not only a ports problem. I have created a Host just today, opened my ports and started advertising for contracts. For the first few hours, all was fine and the host was reachable. I glance at it now and it is unreachable. I was reconing this based on customer requests, but if I cannot get this to work then I certainly cannot recommend SIA to my customers. Nice idea, thus far, but no good if it does not work. I also will not tolerate getting penalized for a poor interface when my configuration is fine.