To explain more what's been happening with the old explorer: To develop faster we decided to keep the whole explorer in memory. By not needed to add a database, I was able to shave a few days off of the coding time. Well, the database kept growing (as blockchains tend to do) and it became too much for the explorer to hold in memory. So the explorer started crashing.
The new explorer is less tested, but has everything in a database. Also ,we fixed some of the heavy networking code. So, the new explorer should have a lot more stability. Once we're convinced that there are no major bugs, we'll publish it.
I will say that our primary focus is very much not the explorer at this time, and overall the quality of code on the explorer does not match the standards we typically strive for. This is purely because we are time-constrained, and have chosen to focus all of our effort on the renter and host.